Tyson Fury: “Haye is a classless prima donna, a diva, a no good wannabe Bollywood actor”
After yesterday’s rescheduled date was announced as February 8th 2014 at the Phones 4 U Arena Manchester, following Haye’s withdrawal from the original September 28th date, Tyson Fury gave this reaction:
“I’m so glad to have this fight rescheduled – in my opinion, he’s a classless prima donna, a diva, a no good wannabe Bollywood actor and I can’t wait to put him in his place,” Tyson said.
“There’s lots of honest and hard working people in this world and I believe I’m going to punish and poleaxe this money grabbing cry baby for all of them – he’s getting knocked spark out!
“He’s getting sorted out – I already didn’t like Mr Z list celebrity, Queen of the Jungle – but actions speak louder than words don’t they.
“I’m tired of him, he said he was going to knock Klitschko out and did nothing! Now he’s giving me the same talk – why do people believe him? He can dish it out but can’t take it.
“Mr Toemaker, your excuses are boring – you say you’re going to ‘expose me’ but the difference, Mr Excusemaker, is that every time I say I’m going to go out and do something, I go out and do it and that’s exactly what I was going to do this Saturday and 100 percent going to do on February 8th – nothing has changed, I’m still going to smash your face in, no excuses.”
Promoter Mick Hennessy also gave his reaction to the rescheduled date:
“I’ve pushed for this fight to be back on and I’m delighted it is, as I know this is a fight that Tyson wins in style, by way of the big KO,” Mick Hennessy said.
“David Haye really needs to step up as a man and make sure he’s there on February 8th, otherwise he will have zero credibility and will probably have to emigrate by public demand!”
Tickets previously purchased for the original date of September 28 are automatically valid for this new date of February 8. Alternatively, fans looking for a refund are advised to go back to their point of purchase before October 31.
OFFICIAL HENNESSY SPORTS STATEMENT FOLLOWING HAYE WITHDRAWAL
Hennessy Sports would like to reassure fans following the extremely disappointing news regarding the British super-fight between Tyson Fury and David Haye, set for September 28th at the Phones 4 U Arena Manchester, as we endeavour to do all we can to resolve this situation and reschedule a new date as quickly as possible.
We would like to officially apologise to all the boxing fans who have supported us, bought tickets, booked time off from work and booked hotels prior to this news and thank you for your patience as we look to announce a new date.
“We only found out about this situation around midday on Saturday morning, only about half an hour before Hayemaker sent out their official release announcing it,” Mick Hennessy said.
“Since then we have been working around the clock with Team Fury, Hayemaker and Sky in an attempt to resolve the situation and reschedule a new date as quickly as possible.
“We have looked into a number of possibilities and have been left very frustrated as due to these circumstances beyond our control, there is nothing that can be done to salvage the 28th, but this is a super-fight that the fans deserve to see and Tyson is eager to deliver for them.
“To be fair to Tyson as well, he has done everything in his power to keep this date alive for the fans, even agreeing to fight Deontay Wilder on the 28th (if Team Wilder agreed), but this fight at short notice was obviously not considered to be box office.
“For the fans that want refunds on their tickets rather than wait for a rescheduled date, please contact the point of purchase for a refund.
“We are very disapointed and can imagine how you are all feeling about this as fans and hopefully we will be able to announce further information as soon as possible.”