Tyson Fury : Nothing Signed For Klitschko YET!

Tyson Fury : Nothing Signed For Klitschko YET!

British WBO heavyweight mandatory Tyson Fury (24-0, 18ko) has taken to Twitter to potentially answer the barrage of questions he has no doubt received with regards to his upcoming challenge to division boss Wladimir Klitschko (64-3, 53ko)

After bossing game American Bryant Jennings in New York last month, the giant Ukrainian signaled his intent to fulfill his mandatory obligations by fighting Fury – with the feeling among fans and even the Fury camp themselves, that there is a very good chance of Klitschko checking a huge UK stadium fight off his bucket list and the fight taking place on British soil.

Dirrell Is A New Man Ahead Of DeGale

YouTube video
Michigan’s Andre Dirrell, who on Saturday night goes up against stand-out British gold medal winning Olympian James DeGale for the vacant IBF 168lb strap, has spoken out to the Daily Star ahead of the crunch contest, to warn his rival he is a changed man from the bold and abrasive character he once was.

British fans will remember Dirrell from his 2009 fight with Carl Froch. A fight most are loathe to admit he was extremely unlucky to lose.

The pre fight abuse of Dirrell by the British fans was something to behold with the American and his team rising to the bait beforehand, insulting Froch’s mother in fight week and acting every bit the loud, obnoxious and arrogant fighter he now concedes was just a part he WANTED to play.

Bob Arum Talks “The Shoulder” – Manny Won’t Return This Year

Bob Arum Talks "The Shoulder" - Manny Won't Return This Year

The saga continues in the wake of May 2nd and THAT rotator cuff, with a seemingly insatiable desire of the masses to examine and dissect every single aspect of “The Fight That Never Caught Light” and the reasons for Manny Pacquiao’s loss to Floyd Mayweather.

While it’s fair to say that boxing purists and hardcore fans have moved on and left happy, if a little underwhelmed – two camps appear now to exist.

Those that flatly don’t believe in the validity and/or extent of the injury – and it’s impact on the loss – and those that do.

DeGale Says He’ll Make History / Froch Rules Himself Out – ‘DeGale v Dirrell’

DeGale Says He'll Make History / Froch Rules Himself Out - 'DeGale v Dirrell'

This coming Saturday, Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions format attempts to deliver once again with the clash between Britain’s gold medal winning Olympian James DeGale and Michigan native Andre Dirrell for the IBF 168lb title that was recently vacated by Nottingham’s Carl Froch.

DeGale, who is hoping to become the first gold medal winning British Olympian in history to go on and win a world title in the pro game, has spoken to Sky Sports ahead of the eagerly anticipated battle of two tricky southpaws to insist he firmly believes that Saturday is his destiny and everything he has worked so hard for will culminate in championship gold around his waist.

Floyd Doesn’t Need Golovkin Says Willie Monroe Jr

Floyd Doesn't Need Golovkin Says Willie Monroe Jr

One of the names that keeps getting linked to Gennady Golovkin – despite the unlikeliness of the fight ever happening – is Floyd Mayweather – who after intense criticism over “The Fight Of The Century”, needs a decent name for his September date and final Showtime fight.

Whether Amir Khan, Keith Thurman, Miguel Cotto or Donald Duck gets the call, the talk surrounding Golovkin simply will not go away. Furthermore after we saw how Monroe and his pure boxer style was arguably able to nick a couple of rounds against Golovkin, there is a belief that Floyd might actually fancy the task if Golovkin boiled down to 154lb after all.

GGG Not Afraid To Lose His ‘0’

GGG Not Afraid To Lose His '0'

In the wake of his sublime 6th round destruction of Willie Monroe Jr, Gennady Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez has spoken out to address the issue of future fights for the Kazakh wrecking machine – saying that it’s the other big names out there in and around 160lb (like Cotto and Canelo) who need to step up to fight his man – insisting that Golovkin himself is not afraid to lose his ‘0’ against marquee names in the big fights.

After the fight with Monroe Jr – (in which if there was any criticism of Golovkin – it was over the fact he is extremely hittable at times) Sanchez praised it as a learning curve against an awkward southpaw who gave his fighter much needed ‘practice’

Kathy Duva – Adonis Needs To Make Up His Mind

Kathy Duva - Adonis Needs To Make Up His Mind

He has had his fair share of heat over Adonis Stevenson as of late, yet Main Events chief Kathy Duva has come to the defence of her fighter – WBO, WBA & IBF 175lb champion Sergey Kovalev – and spoken to fighthype.com to further clarify their position regarding any potential fight, saying “Adonis needs to make up his mind” whether or not he really wants to get in the ring with the Russian puncher.

With the main sticking point being the respective television deals of the fighters, it would appear that Duva will not back down over the fight needing to be on her broadcaster HBO – something that could crucially prevent it from happening.

Caution Always Advised But There Won’t Be An Upset : Prediction – Golovkin v Monroe Jr

Caution Always Advised But There Won't Be An Upset : Prediction - Golovkin v Monroe Jr

I have to admire ESPN’s Boxcino tournament winner Willie Monroe Jr’s (19-1, 6ko) attitude towards tonight’s impending clash with unbeaten Kazakh wrecking-machine Gennady Golovkin (32-0, 29ko). The slick, yet light punching southpaw believes in his heart of hearts that he can win this one – and deserves props for even stepping up to the challenge in my humble opinion, especially when it is clear that the division’s WBC champion Miguel Cotto – who fights former GGG victim Daniel Geale on June 6 – doesn’t seem to fancy the job.

Both fighters made weight yesterday and all the talk going into the fight, rather than focusing on Monroe Jr – is of Golovkin’s potential future fights with the likes of Canelo Alvarez, Cotto and even Floyd Mayweather.