HOLLYWOOD, CALIF. (April 29, 2011) — Fighter of the Decade, eight-division world champion, and boxing’s No. 1 pound for pound fighter and box office attraction Congressman MANNY “PacMan” PACQUIAO took time from training for his upcoming defense of his WBO welterweight title against three-division world champion Sugar Shane Mosley to make another boffo appearance on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Thursday night. This was Pacquiao’s fourth consecutive appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in as many promotions, dating back to November 2009 when he knocked out Miguel Cotto to claim the welterweight title. That 2009 appearance also marked Pacquiao’s U.S. network TV debut, which has since led to a multitude of network television and radio features, including, of CBS’ 60 Minutes, ABC’s Good Morning America, FOX News Channel’s On The Record With Greta Van Susteren, CNN’s America Morning, and NPR’s Morning Edition and Weekend Edition.
Pacquiao’s first U.S. single, a remake of Dan Hill 1977 hit Sometimes When We Touch, sung with Dan Hill, was released on Thursday as well. It sold out within 12 hours on Amazon.com which promptly reordered more to satisfy worldwide demand. It is also available on iTunes (preview at www.mannysings.com.)
Below, please find the clips from his appearance. You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll be totally enthralled.
Jimmy Kimmel Live! – Interview Part I
Jimmy Kimmel Live! – Interview Part II
The highly anticipated episode three of FIGHT CAMP 360°: Pacquiao-Mosley will air Tomorrow! Saturday, April 30 on CBS at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 KOs), of General Santos City, Philippines, and Mosley (46-6-1, 39 KOs), of Pomona, Calif., with world titles in 11 weight divisions between them, will go toe-to-toe on Saturday, May 7, at the sold out MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev.
Remaining closed circuit tickets, priced at $50, are on sale and available at all Las Vegas MGM Resorts properties.
Promoted by Top Rank, in association with MP Promotions, Sugar Shane Mosley Promotions, Tecate and MGM Grand, the Pacquiao vs. Mosley pay-per-view telecast, beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT, has a suggested retail price of $54.95, and will be produced and distributed live by SHOWTIME PPV®. The telecast will be available in HD-TV for those viewers who can receive HD. For Pacquiao vs. Mosley fight week updates, log on to www.sports.SHO.com or www.toprank.com.
Coleman in a Fighting Mood, faces Rivera
International Boxing Federation (IBF) #5-rated contender Tim “Pitbull” Coleman (18-1-1, 5 KOs) was in a foul mood at the weigh-in for tomorrow night’s ESPN2 Friday Night Fights broadcast from the deck of the Boulevard Pool at ultra-luxurious The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Coleman will face Sonora, Mexico’s Sergio Rivera (16-6-2, 10 KOs) in an eight-round bout on the undercard of the Carlos Molina vs. Allen Conyers main event.
The Baltimore native Coleman had originally been scheduled for the main event in a fight for the mandatory right to face champion Zab Judah, however, on short notice, higher-rated contender Lamont Peterson exercised his right to face Cayo instead and pushed Coleman out of the fight.
That’s what’s got him a little upset.
Cayo unexpectedly pulled out of the bout with an injury. A fight against Peterson was then offered to Coleman, who turned it down flat.
“I don’t like Lamont Peterson,” he hissed after weighing in at a trim 142.5 lbs. “I’m not taking this well at all. Refusing the fight against Peterson was karma. He pushed me out of a fight, so I turned him down and pushed him out of one right back. It’s more than just a Baltimore vs. Washington DC thing between me and him. I don’t like him at all.”
Coleman says the opportunity to fight for a mandatory world title shot was a lifelong dream of his, one he was already in deep training for when he learned he wouldn’t be fighting Cayo after all.
“Camp was going great until I found out I wasn’t fighting. I went to Wales to train and everything. After I found out, I backed off for a while, but then I went and did strength and conditioning work at Bobby Rimm’s gym in Manchester and got good sparring with European champ Brian Rose. I’m in perfect shape.”
Rather than stay inactive while he waits for his turn to fight for the title, Coleman says he’ll keep busy. “I love boxing, but this is a business and I need to make a living. My promoters have promised me another fight after this. I’m not waiting for Lamont Peterson or anybody else.”
Doors will open at 4:30 pm. today. The first fight is at 5:00 pm and the main event will begin promptly at 6:00 pm.
The Cosmopolitan proudly presents another uniquely glamorous evening of world-class professional boxing; and this time, overlooking the heart of The Strip on the open-air multilevel deck of the city’s most fabulous luxury pool, The Boulevard Pool. Tickets are on sale now and are priced at $50, $150 and $250 for the VIP experience, which includes a private section with comfortable seating and complimentary cocktails. Special Cabana packages also are available. Tickets are available for purchase at www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com or by calling 877-551-7776 or 702-698-6880.
Bronco McKart wants his first world title Defence in Dublin
MONROE, MI (April 29, 2011) – Universal Boxing Organization’s Middleweight Champion Bronco “Superman” McKart is ready to give Anthony Fitzgerald the opportunity of a lifetime by confirming that he’s willing to travel from his home in Monroe Michigan to Ireland if that’s what it takes to make a fight with Fitzgerald. He showed his confidence by stating, “Fitzgerald has been doing a lot of talking in the press without actually fighting anyone. I will give him a shot at my UBO Middleweight Title in his own back yard.”
The 40 year old ex WBO Light Middleweight Champion would be confident of a victory should the fight be made “ Fitzgerald claims he is being ducked by top fighters, well I have no problem stepping in the squared circle with him, he hasn’t fought anyone with my experience I have been in with the best Winky Wright, Kelly Pavlik and Alex Buenma.”
McKart claimed the UBO title by spectacularly knocking out Michi Munoz last October and is sure he can put in a repeat performance, “Fitzgerald has been stopped in the past I have no doubt in my mind that I can stop him within the distance and give the Irish fight fans a world class performance.”
The UBO King wasn’t impressed with Fitzgerald’s last win, “I saw the fight on YouTube and felt the stoppage was premature. He missed with a disproportionate amount of punches and used his head whenever he got the chance. I have the experience to nullify this dirty type of fighting.”
The gauntlet has been laid down to Fitzgerald. McKart is sure of some support as his ancestral home is in Buttevent Co. Cork, “My mother’s Grand Mother was a McCarthy from Co. Cork, we still have family over there I would love to extend an invite to my relation should Fitzgerald accept my offer.”
Latest Boxing News
- Mikey Garcia finalizing fight with Manny Pacquiao
- David Benavidez – Ronald Ellis on March 13th
- Jake Paul says Canelo Alvarez is ducking Benavidez and Andrade
- With Canelo-Saunders And Taylor-Ramirez Set, May Will Be One Massive Month For British Boxing
- Jose Ramirez, Josh Taylor to Battle for Undisputed Junior Welterweight Crown
- Caleb Plant gives Billy Joe Saunders “a good chance” of beating Canelo & wants the winner!
- Ryan Garcia Moves On From Pacquiao Dream Fight, Says He’s Working On Another Fight
- Antonio Tarver Vs. Frank Mir – What The Heck Can We Expect!?
- Tommy Fury: Jake Paul, you can fight me anytime and anywhere
- Andy Ruiz faces Chris Arreola on Fox PPV on Apr.24th
Next Boxing Events
- Bohachuk vs Adams – NBCSN – March 4
- Yoka vs Djeko – ESPN+ – March 5
- Shields vs Dicaire – FITE TV – March 5
- Lee vs Teah – Showtime – March 10
- Rungvisai vs Sithmorseng – DAZN – March 12
- Estrada Vs Gonzalez – DAZN – March 13
- Benavídez vs Ellis – Showtime – March 13
- Hughes vs Hyland – IFL, ESPN+ – March 19
- Okolie vs Glowacki – DAZN, SKY – March 20
- Beterbiev vs Deines – ESPN – March 20
- Ortiz Jr vs Hooker – DAZN – March 20
- Serrano vs Bermudez – NBCSN – March 25
- Povetkin vs Whyte 2 – DAZN, SKY – March 27
- Herring vs Frampton – BT Sport, ESPN – April 3
- Benn vs Vargas – DAZN, SKY – April 10
Latest Boxing Results:
- Kamshybek Kunkabayev wins first professional title – Boxing Results
- Daniele Scardina: New European Union champion – Boxing Results
- Pacheco defeats Rodolfo Gomez Jr. in Miami – Boxing Results
- WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman to review mandatory process following Canelo’s blowout win over Yildirim
- Yildirim got $2.5M, Canelo eight-figures for match
- Jerry “Slugger” Forrest Almost Upset “Big Bang” Zhang In “Miracle Draw”
- Canelo battered timid Yildirim
- Anthony Dirrell & Kyrone Davis Battle to Split Draw – Boxing Results
- Canelo Alvarez destroys Avni Yildirim – Boxing Results
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Avni Yildirim – live results