CHICAGO, IL ( December 7, 2010) Sensational junior welterweight prospect Adrian “EL TIGRE” Granados returns to battle on Friday, December 17th as the featured undercard bout at the action packed WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT 14 professional boxing event at Chicago’s UIC Pavilion
The undefeated Granados will face off against Milwaukee’s Justin Danforth in a scheduled six round bout. Having built a very large fan base in his first four professional bouts, all fought in Chicago, Granados looks to be a star on the rise..
WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT 14 is presented by 8 Count Productions, HOME OF THE BEST IN CHICAGO BOXING along with Chicago Fight Club Promotions LLC.
Speaking after a spirited sparring session in Chicago, the 21 year old Granados discussed his upcoming bout, his fourth this year, all at the UIC Pavilion.
“It feels great to be fighting back at the UIC Pavilion, I love fighting in front of the hometown crowd” said an enthusiastic Granados.
Of his first six round bout, Granados, sporting a record of 4-0-0 with two knockouts stated, “I’ve had two five rounders go the distance in my last two bouts so I’m ready. My preparation has been very solid; I treat every fight as if it’s my most important.”
Among his greatest experiences over the last couple of years was the time spent in Mexico City training with legendary boxing brothers Juan Manuel and Rafael Marquez.
“I was with them off and on in 2008 and I learned a great deal, it was like going to a boxing school, I learned so much every day.”
Discussing his future, Granados said, “I’d like to stay busy, maybe fight five times next year, keep learning, keep adapting to different styles. My goal is to be the best and not worry about the others.”
The more experienced veteran Danforth will be fighting in the Chicagoland area for the seventh time.
In the main event at WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT 14, fighting for the IBO International Middleweight Title, longtime Chicago fan favorite Angel “TORO” Hernandez, 30-8-0 (17KO’s) will face off against rugged Ghanaian veteran Osumanu Adama, 17-2-0 (13KO’s) in a twelve round bout.
The co-main will feature a ten round welterweight showdown between Chicago’s “KING” David Estrada, 24-6-0 (15KO’s) and heavy handed Columbian Franklin Gonzalez, 13-6-0 (9KO’s).
Other local fan favorites featured on the card in separate bouts include heavy handed cruiserweight contender Carl “IRON FIST” Davis, 14-3-0 (11KO’s), junior welterweight newcomer Antonio Canas, 4-0-0, (2KO’s), junior middleweight prospect Donatas Bondoravas, 10-1-1 (3KO’s), junior lightweight prospect Evgeny Gradovich, 6-0-0 (5KO’s) and middleweight prospect Lamar Russ, 5-0-0 (5KO’s).
Starting at $31, tickets can be purchased in advance through Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.com) the UIC Pavilion Box Office (312-413-5740) and the 8 Count Productions’ Office (312-226-5800). Tickets are also available at all Chicagoland Cermak Produce and Shop & Save stores.
Doors on the evening of the event will open at 7pm with the first bell at 8pm.
8 Count Productions, HOME OF THE BEST IN CHICAGO BOXING, was started by Dominic Pesoli in 1998 and has consistently presented the highest quality professional boxing events in Chicagoland.
Fighters currently under the 8 Count Productions banner include; super middleweight contender Donovan “DA BOMB” George, junior welterweight prospect Ivan Popoca, light heavyweight Andrzej Fonfara, featherweight Jose Hernandez, welterweight Jaime Herrera and junior middleweight Luciano Perez.
For more information on 8 Count Productions and JABB Boxing Gym, please visit www.8countproductions.com.
Chicago Fight Clubs Promotions LLC is owned by Cynthia Tolaymat and specializes in the promotion of boxing and mixed martial arts. Among those promoted by Chicago Fight Clubs Promotions LLC include “KING” David Estrada, Angel “TORO” Hernandez, Carl “IRON FIST” Davis and Antonio Canas.
Latest Boxing News
- Mikaela Mayer faces Ewa Brodnicka on Inoue vs. Moloney card on Oct.31
- Murat Gassiev Vs. Kevin Johnson On October 31?
- Dereck Chisora Says He’s “Stronger” Than Joshua, Fury, Whyte, Wilder
- Can Cruiserweight King Mairis Briedis Make It As A Heavyweight?
- Terence Crawford Turns 33 – At 36-0, “Bud” Still In Need Of His Defining Fight
- Kenny Norton: The Fighter Muhammad Ali Was Never Able To Master
- WBSS Champ Mairis Briedis returns to Latvia with the Ali Trophy
- “Irish” Micky Ward: One of boxing’s most beloved ring warriors
- Pablo Valdez keen on ring return, reflects on COVID’s effect on his career
- 40 Years Ago Today: Marvin Hagler’s Brutal Coronation
From The Boxing Forums
- Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.
- The Charlo Bros are the real deal
- Jermall Charlo vs Derevyanchenko (how did you score it)
- Lomachenko is getting up there in age
- Terence Crawford versus Josh Taylor at 147
- (BREAKING) Mikey Garcia Confirms Manny Pacquiao Fight Is Next...
- Seeing all the chaos of current HW division today..shows you how good Wlad was
- Most badass moments I've seen in boxing ring
- Tyson Fury would beat Mike Tyson
- Hrgovic or Dubois
Latest Boxing Results:
- And The Nastiest KO Of The Night Award Goes To ….Filip Hrgovic!
- Casimero Retains WBO Bantam Title With Quick Win Over Micah – Boxing Results
- Jermell Charlo KOs Jeison Rosario in 8th round – Boxing Results
- Photos: Jermell Charlo KOs Jeison Rosario; Jermall Charlo defeats Derevyanchenko
- Jermall Charlo decisions Derevyanchenko – Boxing Results
- Josh Taylor Destroys Khongsong In A Round With Brutal Body Shot -Boxing Results
- Mairis Briedis wins the Ali Trophy After Enthralling Final – Boxing Results
- Photos: Taylor Blows Out Khongsong in 1 Round
- Mario Cazares Stuns Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. – Boxing Results
- Bohachuk Wins In Mexico; Reyes stops Rodriguez – Boxing Results