Memphis-TN, Friday, February 22, 2008 – On Saturday, March 1st Prize Fight Boxing presents another exciting installment of “Fights at the Fitz” at the famed Fitzgerald’s Casino and Hotel in Tunica, Mississippi. In the main event, Rafael Valenzuela (9-1, 4 KO’s) and Robbie Cannon (10-1, 6 KO’s) will collide in a twelve round no-holds barred battle for the NABO Featherweight Title that will have each fighter throwing everything they possess in their arsenal to come away the victor.. With each warrior having lost their first professional fight in the past year, both fighters will attempt to use the other as a stepping stone towards redemption and to championship glory. Only the fight fans in attendance will be the sure winners that night, and what a sight it will be watching how it will all play out in front of them.
When the #2 ranked flyweight in the world and powerhouse sensation Rayonta “The Stingray” Whitfield (19-0, 10 KO’s) steps through the ropes and wages war in the ring, his opponents are usually left incapacitated from the sting of his punishing leather until the referee reaches the count of ten, and sometimes even longer.
Rayonta will collide against Kevin Hudgins in a scheduled eight-round battle that will have sparks flying from ding to dong, and those in attendance who even blink may miss out on part of the exhilarating non-stop action. Throughout his nineteen fight career that spans almost four years, Rayonta has proven that whenever he is under pressure or steps up in competition, he becomes more fierce, knocking most of his opponents out before the second round can draw to a close.
In his last two battles, Rayonta took on opponents who had more knockout victories than he had fights. “The Stingray” stopped them both in the second round, leading him to claim the #2 spot with the NABO and a shot at their world flyweight championship.
Hudgins, however, will not go away easily. Hudgins has faced the likes of IBF Flyweight Champion Nonito Donaire and went the distance with undefeated contenders Raul Martinez and Abner Mares. Having been in the ring with some of the best in the division, he will be certain to use his ring experience and expertise as a way to derail Rayonta’s climb to the top.
Another exciting warrior being featured on the card that night will be the promising up-and-comer, amateur stand out Fernando Guerrero (2-0, 2 KO’s) returning to the Fitz in his third professional fight. This thrilling young middleweight has become a fan favorite in Tunica as all of his professional battles have ended in exhilarating knockouts during Prize Fight Boxing’s “Fights at the Fitz.”
Lightweight fan favorite Chris “The Hurricane” Howard faces off in his first six round bout against tough, tried and tested Donnell Logan from Memphis, TN. Expect this to be one of the stand out fights of the night as both are ready for war.
Cleveland, Ohio’s, Mark Davis (4-0, 2KO’s) once again will thrill the fans with his faster-than-the-speed-of-light hand speed and superior boxing skills as he goes toe-to-toe with Stillwater, Oklahoma’s Ricky Alexander (7-6, 6KO’s) who himself is no slouch with six of his wins coming by way of knock out, in a scheduled four round bout.
Be sure not to miss a great night of action that will have everyone thirsting for more.
Tickets available for purchase at the Fitz’s gift shop priced at $35.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. With the first fight at 7:30 p.m. For tickets, call the Fitz at 1-800 766-5825 or Prize Fight Promotions 662 349-6263.
Latest Boxing News
- Teofimo Lopez On Lomachenko Fight: “There Ain’t No Rematch Clause. I Know Why”
- The Tragic Pintor Vs. Owen Fight – The World Should Never Forget Johnny Owen; Lupe Pintor Never Will
- Ten Years Ago: When A Young Canelo Alvarez Scored A One-Punch KO Win Over The Iron-Chinned Carlos Baldomir
- Pedraza – Molina and Efe Ajagba – Rice LIVE on ESPN+ on Saturday
- Erickson “Hammer” Lubin vs. Terrell Gausha Presser quotes
- Marciano Vs. Charles II – When “The Cincinnati Cobra” Almost Won By A Nose
- Is It A Joke, Or Will Floyd Mayweather Really Fight Logan Paul?
- Angel Manfredy Looks Back: I Heard A Voice And I Knew I’d Never Fight Again
- Fury-Wilder III – “You Will See A Completely Different Deontay,” Says Wilder Protégé Raphael Akpejiori
- Anthony Joshua Will Fight Kubrat Pulev This Year – “Fans Or No Fans”
From The Boxing Forums
- Adrien "The Problem" Broner
- Jaime Munguia vs Tureano Johnson in October
- Your hipster boxing opinions?
- Tommy Hearns at MW had bigger arms than Ali
- Has Canelo ever defeated the #1 in any division without controversy?
- Canelo vs Yildirim purse bid on September 21st
- Teofimo Lopez: There's No Rematch Clause In Contracts For Lomachenko Fight
- Rate Pacquiao's chin.
- Búfalo Boxing Promotions: Alexander Enrique Espinoza Rivera vs. Arón David Juárez Morales III RBR
- Where is Wilder these days genuinely?
Latest Boxing Results:
- Erickson Lubin vs. Terrell Gausha: Perfectly Punch or Weak Chin?
- Photos: Kavaliauskas KOs Zewski & Gonzalez defeats Marriaga
- Anthony Yarde Stops Dec Spelman In Six – Boxing Results
- Egidijus Kavaliauskas beats Mikael Zewski – Boxing Results
- Fedor Chudinov Wins In Russia, Danny Williams Is Stopped, Again – Boxing Results
- Yordenis Ugas: A Fighter The Judges Just Don’t Seem To Like
- Fight Report: Bendana Stops Beattie – Let Battle Commence II Boxing Results
- Saul Bustos defeats Luis Lopez – Boxing Results
- Photos: Ugas edges Ramos to win WBA welterweight title
- Yordenis Ugas decisions Abel Ramos – Boxing Results