ESPN Boxing Weigh-In Results

Tomorrow night on a special edition of ESPN Boxing, Michael King of King Sports presents another great night of fights from Santa Monica, California. Featherweights Miguel Marriago (18-0, 16KO) and Christopher Martin (28-3-3, 9KO) open the telecast, followed by welterweights Frederick Lawson (22-0, 20KO) and Ray Narh (26-5, 21KO). The main event features an IBF middleweight title eliminator between Hassan N’Dam (30-1, 18KO) and Curtis Stevens (27-4, 20KO). Earlier this evening the fighter camps and media gathered for a brief press conference and the official weigh-ins.

Hassan N’Dam vs. Curtis Stevens, middleweights

Read more

Canelo to fight 37-year-old Joshua Clottey next on December 6th

Joshua Clottey, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez - Chris Mannix of Sports illustrated is reporting that Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya has confirmed that Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (44-1-1, 31 KOs) will be fighting 37-year-old former IBF 147lb champion Joshua Clottey (38-4, 22 KOs) next on December 6th at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. This is obviously disappointing news for hardcore boxing fans with some knowledge of the sport because Clottey hasn’t been a factor since 2010 when he was beaten soundly by Manny Pacquiao.

Chris Mannix of Sports illustrated is reporting that Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya has confirmed that Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (44-1-1, 31 KOs) will be fighting 37-year-old former IBF 147lb champion Joshua Clottey (38-4, 22 KOs) next on December 6th at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. This is obviously disappointing news for hardcore boxing fans with some knowledge of the sport because Clottey hasn’t been a factor since 2010 when he was beaten soundly by Manny Pacquiao.

Recently, De La Hoya dangled James Kirkland’s name as a potential opponent for Canelo’s December 6th fight. You now have to wonder whether De La Hoya did this in order to get Clottey to come in at a cheaper price for the Canelo fight. Why else mention Kirkland’s name if the guy that Canelo and De La Hoya really wanted is the 37-year-old Clottey?

Read more

Crawford vs. Beltran is On! Tix Go On Sale This Friday!

OMAHA, NEB (September 30, 2014) — Undefeated World Boxing Organization (WBO) lightweight champion TERENCE “Bud” CRAWFORD, Omaha’s favorite son, will make an encore hometown title defense on the heels of his wildly successful victory over previously undefeated world champion and Cuban sensation Yuriorkis Gamboa. Crawford will defend his title against No. 1 contender and mandatory challenger RAY BELTRAN on Thanksgiving weekend, Saturday, November 29, at the CenturyLink Center. The fight will be televised live on HBO Boxing After Dark, beginning at

10:00 p.m. ET/PT.

Read more

De La Hoya: Canelo wants to be second to nobody, that’s why he moved to HBO

Saul “Canelo” Alvarez - Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya says that one of the reasons why the 24-year-old former WBA/WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez moved to HBO was because he didn’t want to be second to anybody in fighting on Showtime. With Canelo’s situation in fighting on Showtime, he was badly overshadowed by the more popular and much more accomplished Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya says that one of the reasons why the 24-year-old former WBA/WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez moved to HBO was because he didn’t want to be second to anybody in fighting on Showtime. With Canelo’s situation in fighting on Showtime, he was badly overshadowed by the more popular and much more accomplished Floyd Mayweather Jr.

That situation wasn’t going to go away until Mayweather finished out his contract with Showtime, because he was simply a more talented fighter than the red-haired Canelo. That fact was borne out when the two fighters faced each other last year in September and Mayweather made Canelo look bad in beating him by a 12 round unanimous decision.

Read more

Golovkin ready for Rubio fight, says Sanchez

Gennady Golovkin, Golovkin vs. Rubio, Nonito Donaire - Trainer Abel Sanchez says his fighter WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (30-, 27 KOs) is 100 percent ready for his clash next month against WBC interim middleweight champion Marco Antonio Rubio (59-6-1, 51 KOs) on their “Mexican Style” fight card on October 18th at the StubHub Center, in Carson, California, USA.

Trainer Abel Sanchez says his fighter WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (30-, 27 KOs) is 100 percent ready for his clash next month against WBC interim middleweight champion Marco Antonio Rubio (59-6-1, 51 KOs) on their “Mexican Style” fight card on October 18th at the StubHub Center, in Carson, California, USA.

Sanchez believes that the hard hitting Rubio will be coming to slug it out with Golovkin, and that’s what he’s hoping for. Sanchez wants to see the two of them slugging it out in front of the boxing fans at the StubHub Center and the fans that tune in to watch the fight on HBO Championship Boxing.

Read more