LAS VEGAS, NV (July 31, 2008) Deandre “THE BULL” Latimore, fresh off his ESPN2 televised devastating knockout of Sechew Powell on June 11th, has moved to #6 in the IBF junior middleweight rankings. “It’s a nice start” said manager Jerry Giuliano. “Numbers 1 and 2 they kept vacant so we’d be willing to fight anyone above for the mandatory to the champion Verno Phillips..”
Listed ahead of Latimore, ranked 3 through 5, are former world champion Cory Spinks, former ESPN Prospect of the Year, Joel Julio and undefeated prospect James Kirkland.
While pleased to hear about his placement in the rankings, Latimore was very quick to point out that he was ready to fight Verno Phillips immediately. ‘They can make that fight today and I’m ready. I’ve been training every day at Striking Unlimited here in Las Vegas, getting up at 5:30am to do my running. I’m ready to go,” said the 22 year old St. Louis native.
Highlights of the Latimore/Powell bout can be viewed on YouTube at this link;
Deandre Latimore, 19-1 (16KO’s) is managed by Jerry Giuliano of Knockout Management and promoted by Steve Smith of Rumble Time Promotions in St. Louis.
Briamah Kamoko hits New York
Ghanaian Light Heavyweight contender Briamah Kamoko (23-0) has joined Team Donadio based in New York. Manager Rory Donadio has joined forces with Kamoko’s Ghanaian manager Yoofi Boham and hopes to bring more contenders over to join Kamoko later in the year. Kamoko is set to make his US debut on the 26th September in Philadelphia on the under card of stable mate Yusaf Mack‘s defence of his NABA title. Kamoko now training under British head coach John Tandy and his Ghanaian coach Carl Lokko as an assistant in New Jersey at the COMBATT Gym in Newark. Mack and Kamoko are hoping to work together to set the Light Heavyweight division alight once again.
Speaking to trainer Tandy he stated Kamoko initially found it difficult to adjust to the new lifestyle but has got his head down and now is working exceptionally hard and is showing improvements on a daily basis. Kamoko stated “I have never worked this hard before, everything is going great I can feel myself improving all the time, Tandy coaches like nobody I have seen before everything is devoted to getting my body and mind into perfect condition, I can’t wait to get into the ring and show the American public what I am all about, back in Ghana the people love me I love to put on a show and get the knockouts, I hope the American people can learn to love me as well.
Kamoko is certainly the crowd pleaser with entertaining ring walks, ring antics and exciting come forward knockout style, he will certainly make an impact. He is currently ranked number 5 in the WBC rankings and is looking to make history and become Ghana’s first Light Heavyweight world champion.
Latest Boxing News
- Mike Tyson predicts Tyson Fury will be too elusive for Anthony Joshua
- David Haye believes he’d have beaten Tyson Fury in 2013
- Holley Mims, The Middleweight Who Might Have Beaten Sugar Ray Robinson
- Eddie Hearn: ‘Conor Benn is the next pay-per-view star’
- Carl Frampton – Hall Of Fame Worthy?
- Imagine Today’s Lightweight Stars Having To Cope With The Ferocity And Savagery Of Edwin Valero
- PBC on FOX Main Events: Where’s The Beef?
- Crawford vs. Spence: Promoters to blame for fight not happening says Amir Khan
- Ryan Garcia to make announcement on Tuesday for July fight
- Adrien Broner tells Showtime ‘Give me a fight in 10-12 weeks’
Next Boxing Events
- Benn vs Vargas – DAZN, SKY – April 10
- Ennis vs Lipinets – Showtime – April 10
- Smith vs Vlasov – ESPN, BoxNation – April 10
- Machado vs Romero – IFL, ESPN+ – April 16
- Harrison vs Perrella – FOX – April 17
- Lemieux vs Landaeta *** Postponed ***
- Andrade vs Williams – SKY, DAZN – April 17
- Franklin vs Shaw – NBC Sports Network – April 22
- Hardy vs Camara – UFC Fight Pass – April 23
- Navarrete vs Diaz – ESPN – April 24
- Munguia vs Sulecki – DAZN – April 24
- Conlan vs Baluta Jr – ESPN+ – April 30
- Chisora vs Parker – Sky, DAZN – May 1
- Lara vs LaManna – FOX – May 1
- Taylor vs Jonas – DAZN, Sky – May 1
Latest Boxing Results:
- Joey Dawejko Scores Quick One-Round KO Over Joe Jones
- Photos: Herring defeats Frampton, Nietes beats Carrillo
- Jamel Herring Stops Carl Frampton In Sixth Round
- Murodjon Akhmadaliev obliterates Ryosuke Iwasa – Boxing Results
- Still On Top: Jamel Herring Knocks Out Carl Frampton
- Tim Tszyu Scores Impressive 5th Round Stoppage Over Dennis Hogan
- Zach Parker Claims WBO Strap – Boxing Results
- Lennox Clarke Crowned British & Commonwealth King – Boxing Results
- Whyte crushes Povetkin in massacre in Gibraltar – Boxing Results
- Dillian Whyte Gets Revenge, Stops Povetkin In Fourth Round!