22.02.08 – Promoter Don King will feature hometown favorites on a card he has dubbed “Pride of St. Louis” featuring Cory “The Next Generation” Spinks and Devon Alexander “The Great” at Scottrade Center on March 27. Spinks is a world champion and his protégé Alexander will fight in a championship unification match..
Tickets priced at $200, $100, $50 and $25 go on sale Thursday (Feb. 21) at 10 a.m. at the Scottrade Center Box Office, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, by phone at 314-241-1888 for an automated line or 314-421-4400 or 618-222-2900 for sales rep, or online at ticketmaster.com. A per-ticket facility fee will be added to all tickets purchased at all locations, including at the Scottrade Center Box Office. Additional Ticketmaster service charges and handling fees apply. For disabled seating, call 314-622-5420
Spinks (36-4, 11 KOs) is the reigning International Boxing Federation junior middleweight champion and will face former three-time 154-pound world champion and current IBF mandatory challenger Verno Phillips (41-11-1), a native of Belize now fighting out of Denver, Colo.
The undefeated Alexander (14-0, 8 KOs), the World Boxing Council Continental Americas super lightweight champion, will be in a championship unification match against World Boxing Association FEDELATIN super lightweight champion Miguel Callist (24-6-1, 17 KOs), from Colon, Panama.
“Pride of St. Louis” is being promoted by Don King Productions in association with Banner Promotions
Scottrade Center, located in the heart of downtown St. Louis, is one of the finest sports and entertainment complexes in the country, with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment and an unprecedented commitment to quality and service. Opened in 1994, the arena is home to the St. Louis Blues Hockey Club and also features a full range of arena programming, including concerts, ice shows, family shows and other sporting events. The building is operated by Sports Capital Partners, owner of the St. Louis Blues, under the leadership of its chairman, Dave Checketts. For more information, please visit www.scottradecenter.com.
Don King Productions has promoted over 500 world championship fights with nearly 100 individual boxers having been paid $1 million or more. DKP also holds the distinction of having promoted or co-promoted seven of the 10 largest pay-per-view events in history, as gauged by total buys, including three of the top five: Holyfield vs. Tyson II, 1.99 million buys, June 1997; Tyson vs. Holyfield I, 1.6 million buys, November 1996; and Tyson vs. McNeeley, 1.58 million buys, August 1995
DKP promoted Cory Spinks vs. Zab Judah II: Arch Rivals… Meet Me in St. Louis, which boasted the second-largest attendance for a boxing match at an indoor arena in history when 22,370 patrons sold out the Savvis Center (now known as the Scottraded Center) in advance on Feb. 5, 2005.
DKP has promoted or co-promoted 11 of the top 15 highest-grossing live gates in the history of the state of Nevada including four of the top five: Holyfield vs. Lewis II, paid attendance: 17,078, gross: $16,860,300 (NOTE: Also second-highest live-gate gross for any event in the history of the world.), date: Nov. 13, 1999; Holyfield vs. Tyson II, paid attendance: 16,279, gross: $14,277,200, date: June 28, 1997; Holyfield vs. Tyson I, paid attendance: 16,103, gross: $14,150,700, date: Nov. 9, 1996; and Tyson vs. McNeeley, paid attendance: 16,113, gross: $13,965,600, date: Aug. 19, 1995.
Latest Boxing News
- Teofimo Lopez On Lomachenko Fight: “There Ain’t No Rematch Clause. I Know Why”
- The Tragic Pintor Vs. Owen Fight – The World Should Never Forget Johnny Owen; Lupe Pintor Never Will
- Ten Years Ago: When A Young Canelo Alvarez Scored A One-Punch KO Win Over The Iron-Chinned Carlos Baldomir
- Pedraza – Molina and Efe Ajagba – Rice LIVE on ESPN+ on Saturday
- Erickson “Hammer” Lubin vs. Terrell Gausha Presser quotes
- Marciano Vs. Charles II – When “The Cincinnati Cobra” Almost Won By A Nose
- Is It A Joke, Or Will Floyd Mayweather Really Fight Logan Paul?
- Angel Manfredy Looks Back: I Heard A Voice And I Knew I’d Never Fight Again
- Fury-Wilder III – “You Will See A Completely Different Deontay,” Says Wilder Protégé Raphael Akpejiori
- Anthony Joshua Will Fight Kubrat Pulev This Year – “Fans Or No Fans”
From The Boxing Forums
- Jaime Munguia vs Tureano Johnson in October
- Has Canelo ever defeated the #1 in any division without controversy?
- Canelo vs Yildirim purse bid on September 21st
- Teofimo Lopez: There's No Rematch Clause In Contracts For Lomachenko Fight
- Rate Pacquiao's chin.
- Your hipster boxing opinions?
- Búfalo Boxing Promotions: Alexander Enrique Espinoza Rivera vs. Arón David Juárez Morales III RBR
- Where is Wilder these days genuinely?
- What's the Justification of Two minute Rounds in Women Boxing
- *** Kirks Championships *** | 2020 Boxing Prediction League
Latest Boxing Results:
- Erickson Lubin vs. Terrell Gausha: Perfectly Punch or Weak Chin?
- Photos: Kavaliauskas KOs Zewski & Gonzalez defeats Marriaga
- Anthony Yarde Stops Dec Spelman In Six – Boxing Results
- Egidijus Kavaliauskas beats Mikael Zewski – Boxing Results
- Fedor Chudinov Wins In Russia, Danny Williams Is Stopped, Again – Boxing Results
- Yordenis Ugas: A Fighter The Judges Just Don’t Seem To Like
- Fight Report: Bendana Stops Beattie – Let Battle Commence II Boxing Results
- Saul Bustos defeats Luis Lopez – Boxing Results
- Photos: Ugas edges Ramos to win WBA welterweight title
- Yordenis Ugas decisions Abel Ramos – Boxing Results