(Florida, USA: 29th June 2006) The “Black Panther” Lovemore Ndou has arrived in the USA and is ready to issue his world title challenge on Friday night. Australian based Tunisian Naoufel Ben Rabah faces Colombian Juan Urango at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida with the vacant IBF super lightweight world title on the line. Rated No.4 by the IBF, Lovemore Ndou is the next highest rated boxer behind IBF No.1 Rabah and IBF No.3 Urango and is ready for his shot at the world title.
“I respect them both as men and boxers,” said Ndou, “but let’s be honest. Neither of them are in the same class as me. I can’t see any problem beating either one of them.”
With a record of 44 wins, 8 losses, 1 draw and 29 wins by knockout, the 34 year-old South African born Sydney, Australia resident is also currently rated WBC No.4 and No.7 by THE RING magazine at super lightweight.
“I’m fighting old school,” said Ndou. “Look at what Bernard Hopkins did to Antonio Tarver. I am just getting into my prime now. I have been boxing as a pro for thirteen years. I have been in 53 fights and have fought the best in the division. 2006 will be my year.”
In the last two months, Ndou has fought and won three times in quick succession, defending his IBF Pan Pacific title.
“Last year I missed out on an IBF title eliminator because I took a fight to stay busy,” explained Ndou. “I took off nine months to see how it all played out, but now that I can see my opportunity, I have been very busy. I want to be really sharp when I fight for the IBF title.”
Ndou says he is happy to fight a world title eliminator, if that is what the IBF wishes him to do, or he is ready to fight for the world title as soon as the new champion is ready.
“Ben Rabah and I have had words in the past back in Australia,” said Ndou. “Everyone knows what a great fight it would be between us. If he wins, the fans in Australia will enjoy seeing me kicking his ass and winning the IBF title. If Urango wins, I will happily fight him anywhere in the world.”
The Naoufel Ben Rabah versus Juan Urango fight will be seen live on ESPN2’s Friday Night Fights on June 30 in the USA from 9pm Eastern.
In Australia, the Rabah-Urango fight will be seen on Saturday July 1 local time at 11am Eastern on ESPN.
“I will give this guarantee before the fight,” promised Ndou. “Whoever wins on Friday night, I will offer them double their purse in this fight to come to Australia and put the IBF world title on the line against the ‘Black Panther!'”
Latest Boxing News
- Canelo Alvarez – Avni Yildirim – weights from Miami
- Watch Live: Canelo vs Yildirim Weigh In Live Stream
- Wanheng Menayothin – Panya Pradabsri II In The Works For The Middle Of The Year – Repeat Or Revenge?
- Mike Tyson Looks Back On His First Fight With Frank Bruno: “I Saw White Lights”
- Eddie Hearn: Saunders could beat Canelo Alvarez
- Julio Cesar Martinez injured, pulls out of Saturday’s fight with Mcwilliams Arroyo
- Chuck Wepner: The Great Survivor
- Pardon Me: Fritzie Zivic Takes Henry Armstrong’s Welterweight Title
- Joseph Parker Vs. Junior Fa This Saturday at 1:30 a.m. ET, Live on DAZN
- Canelo Makes Pit Stop in Quest for 168-Pound Supremacy
Next Boxing Events
- Parker Vs Fa – DAZN – Feb. 27
- Kunkabayev vs Emurlaiev – IFL, ESPN+ – Feb. 27
- Khademi vs Ahmed – BT Sport – Feb. 27
- Canelo vs Yildirim – DAZN – Feb. 27
- Dirrell vs Davis – FOX – Feb. 27
- Martinez vs Arroyo – Postponed
- Shields vs Dicaire – FITE TV – March 5
- Rungvisai vs Sithmorseng – DAZN – March 12
- Estrada Vs Gonzalez – DAZN – March 13
- Hughes vs Hyland – IFL, ESPN+ – March 19
- Okolie vs Glowacki – DAZN, SKY – March 20
- Beterbiev vs Deines – ESPN – March 20
- Ortiz Jr vs Hooker – DAZN – March 20
- Serrano vs Bermudez – NBCSN – March 25
- Povetkin vs Whyte 2 – DAZN, SKY – March 27
Latest Boxing Results:
- Oscar Valdez Pulls Off a Masterful Performance
- Otto Wallin beats Dominic Breazeale, wants title shot
- Ivan Golub stops Luis Eduardo Florez in six – Boxing Results
- Richard Brewart Jr. Remains Unbeaten With MD Victory – Boxing Results
- Adrien Broner defeats Jovanie Santiago in The Comeback – Boxing Results
- Photos: Crown the Mexican King: Oscar Valdez Dethrones Berchelt!
- Photos: Broner, Wallin & Easter Jr Victorious On SHOWTIME®
- Oscar Valdez KOs Miguel Berchelt in 10th round – Boxing Results
- Photos: Avaneysan beats Kelly, closes chapter
- Berchelt – Valdez – live action from Las Vegas