by Michael Cook: On Friday July 27th Philadelphia’s “Hammerin Hank” Lundy (21-1 11 KOs) will take on Raymundo Beltran (25-6 17 KOs) on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights. The 10 round match is scheduled to be the main event live at Resorts Casino & Hotel in Atlantic, NJ. The card will also feature three other local Philadelphia fighters including super middleweight prospect Farah Ennis (19-1 12 KOs) vs Richard Pierson (11-2 8 KOs) in the co-feature on ESPN2.
After touching the canvas in the first round of his previous fight, Lundy picked himself up and went on to dominate the next 9 rounds. The unanimous decision over Dannie Williams was Lundy’s 4th straight victory after suffering a late round TKO at the hands of John Molina two years ago. The fight was also aired on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights and was Lundy’s 6th appearance on FNF.
Hank Lundy will showcase his talents on “Friday Night Fights” against Mexican Raymundo Beltran from Phoenix, AZ. While maybe being better known as Manny Pacquaio’s chief sparring partner, Beltran looks to delay Lundy’s hopes of a title shot. Beltran has lost two of his last three fights by controversial decisions. Both fights were with undefeated lightweight prospects Luis Ramos Jr and Sharif Bogere. The 31 year old veteran will now face another challenge in the hard hitting Lundy, in front of his hometown fans.
While fighting at the National Guard Armory and the historic Blue Horizon in Philadelphia early in his career, “Hammerin Hank” hasn’t fought in front of a hometown crowd in over 3 years. When I reached out to Lundy on how he felt about returning home he said “It just feels good to be able to give back to my Philly fans.” With the drive from South Philadelphia to Atlantic City being only 60 miles, Resorts Hotel and Casino can expect a big turnout for the local star.
Currently ranked the #4 Lightweight in the world by Boxrec, “Hammerin Hank” Lundy has a chance to line himself up for a title shot or a potential huge showdown with the newest member at 135, Adrien Broner. Another potential match-up would be with the winner of DeMarco/Molina for the WBC title. With an impressive victory, the Philadelphia native will have earned his shot.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
I reached out to Hank via Facebook and can copy and paste thread if necessary. If rejected I would appreciate any form of feedback. Thank you for your time.
Latest Boxing News
- Charlo twins quotes for Saturday on Showtime PPV
- Alex Saucedo faces Arnold Barboza & Edgar Berlanga vs. Lanell Bellows on Lomachenko-Lopez card on Oct.17
- Sauerland Says A WBSS Heavyweight Tournament Is “On The List”
- Fury v Wilder III Will Not Happen Without Fans In Attendance: “We Can’t Lose That Gate”
- Josh Taylor and Charlie Edwards Press Conference Quotes
- Heavyweight WAR: Oleksandr Usyk will face Derek Chisora on October 31
- Charlo vs. Rosario / Charlo vs. Derevyanchenko: Press Conference Live Stream
- Jeison Rosario ready for war against Jermell Charlo
- Jaime Munguia returns against Tureano Johnson on Oct.30
- Dorticos Vs. Breidis WBSS Final This Saturday: Who Wins?
From The Boxing Forums
- Has Canelo ever defeated the #1 in any division without controversy?
- Who are your favourite British fighters? (Top 5)
- Mayweather vs Pacquiao - Who do you think is higher on all-time list?
- Salita files a lawsuit against Ergashev
- Jermell or Jermall, who will have a better career?
- Jeff Horn is thinking about retirement.
- O’Shaquie Foster vs Miguel Roman
- If Briedis beats Dorticos, should he move up to heavy immediately?
- Despite Whyte's personality, credit is due for his resume
- Prime Chad Dawson vs. Artur Beterbiev.
Latest Boxing Results:
- Victor Faust aiming high after spectacular Knockout win – Boxing Results
- Alejandro Santiago defeats Willibaldo Garcia – Boxing Results
- Efe Ajagba Wins Top Rank Debut – Boxing Results
- Jose Pedraza dominates Javier Molina, Ajagba Decisions Rice – Boxing Results
- Erickson “The Hammer” Lubin beats Terrell Gausha – Boxing Results
- Francisco Fonseca stops Lesther Lara – Boxing Results
- Erickson Lubin vs. Terrell Gausha: Perfectly Punch or Weak Chin?
- Photos: Kavaliauskas KOs Zewski & Gonzalez defeats Marriaga
- Anthony Yarde Stops Dec Spelman In Six – Boxing Results
- Egidijus Kavaliauskas beats Mikael Zewski – Boxing Results