ATLANTIC CITY (October 29, 2011) – Undefeated NABO middleweight champion Patrick “The Machine” Majewski, who was originally set to face Dionisio Miranda in his co-featured bout on Global Boxing Promotions’ “November Reign” on Saturday, November 5 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., will now face another Colombian knockout artist in Jose Miguel Torres after Miranda was denied entry to the United States due to visa issues.
The bout, which will support the WBC International heavyweight title match between Mariusz “The Viking” Wach (25-0, 13 KO) of North Bergen, N.J., by way of Krakow, Poland and former world heavyweight champ Oliver McCall (56-11, 37 KO), may wind up as a more dangerous proposition than the original booking.
Majewski, 17-0 (11 KO), of Atlantic City, N.J., by way of Radom, Poland has been hard at work with trainer Bill Johnson to prepare for his title defense, which will also be contested for the vacant NABF middleweight title. With a win, Majewski hopes to jump further in the middleweight rankings with the World Boxing Organization (WBO) and enter into the title picture with the International Boxing Federation (IBF).
Torres, 22-5 (19 KO), of Magangue, Colombia, has a higher knockout ratio than Majewski’s original opponent (70% for Torres, compared to Miranda’s 60%), and is already in shape, having defeated Jose Antonio Rodriguez by a unanimous decision just a month ago.
“We are very pleased that we were able to secure such a quality opponent on short notice,” said Mariusz Kolodziej, CEO of Global Boxing Promotions. “Majewski is ready for a step-up fight, and he wants to challenge the best. Fights like this will put him on the short-list of top middleweight contenders.”
“November Reign” is on course to be the Mohegan Sun’s first boxing sellout in nearly ten years, with full buses coming from around the Tri-state to usher in fans to see unbeaten heavyweight knockout artist Artur “Szpila” Szpilka (8-0, 6 KO) of Wieliczka, Poland and featherweight prospect Kamil Laszczyk (4-0, 3 KO) of North Bergen, N.J., by way of Wroclaw, Poland, plus many other local New England fighters in action.
Latest Boxing News
- ‘Creed III’ – Can A ‘Rocky’ Film Work Without Rocky?
- Dillian Whyte Lays Into Ruiz Vs. Arreola Fight
- Logan Paul: No one survives Jake’s right hand
- Conor Benn is better than his dad Nigel says Billy Joe Saunders
- Saunders unhappy with Hearn planning Canelo vs. Plant
- Regis Prograis wants Adrien Broner on Triller in “Super fight”
- Franklin vs Shaw Fight Off As Franklin Tests Positive For Covid
- 35 Years Ago Today: When Larry Holmes Fell To Michael Spinks’ “Jinx” For A Second Time
- Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren brought in 1.5 million buys
- Andrade tells Golovkin and Charlo to step up
Next Boxing Events
- Mrdjenovich vs Hernandez – NBCSN – April 22
- Munguia vs Ballard *** Postponed ***
- Navarrete vs Diaz – ESPN – April 24
- Bentley Vs Cash – BT Sport – April 24
- Conlan vs Baluta Jr – ESPN+ – April 30
- Chisora vs Parker – Sky, DAZN – May 1
- Taylor vs Jonas – DAZN, Sky – May 1
- Lara vs LaManna – FOX – May 1
- Ruiz Jr vs Arreola – FOX PPV – May 1
- Canelo vs Saunders – DAZN, Sky – May 8
- Hardy vs Camara – UFC Fight Pass – May 14
- Nery vs Figueroa – Showtime – May 15
- Ramirez vs Taylor – ESPN – May 22
- Haney vs Linares – DAZN – May 29
- Donaire vs Oubaali – Showtime – May 29
Latest Boxing Results:
- Kendrick Ball, Jr. hits home run vs. Bryan Vera – Boxing Results
- Ruben “Ace” Torres Remains Unbeaten – Boxing Results
- Steve Cunningham Decisions Mir, But De La Hoya’s Commentary Steals The Show!
- Paul destroys Askren, Prograis defeats Redkach & Cunningham Wins – Boxing Results
- Tony Harrison & Bryant Perrella Fight To Split Draw – Boxing Results
- Danny Dignum vs. Andrey Sirotkin ends in draw – Boxing Results
- Demetrius Andrade beats Liam Williams – Boxing Results
- Andrey Fedosov KOs Majidov in 1st Round – Boxing Results
- Andrade vs. Williams – live updates & results
- Isaac Lucero Destroys Nestor Garcia in 1st in Tijuana