“The tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. It isn’t a calamity to die with dreams unfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream. It isn’t a disgrace not to reach the stars, but it is a disgrace to have no stars to reach for.” Benjamin Mays
By Audley Harrison: “After spending some time away reflecting on the fight and outcome, I have made the decision to continue my journey in boxing and carry on my career as a professional.. The David Haye experience had many highs away from the ring and I’m happy I had a great training camp and worked with two of my brothers again in camp. I surrounded myself with a world class team and pushed myself to the limit in training and left my changing room knowing I had given my all to get to this point.
The outcry from the fight is expected as I didn’t get the result I wanted and the critics have once again tried to bury me under the rubble and hope I disappear. All I can say is I had a game plan and went into the ring to win. The way the fight ended was frustrating to me as I didn’t get going and was just settling into my rhythm.
Both styles of feinting and moving was off-setting the both of us in the first two rounds and I was just zoning in on his rhythm when he got through.
I’ll never be crash – bang – wallop and I’m glad about that; my style is unique but can run into problems like all styles can and I got caught by a good set of punches to go down. I give David credit as I never expected him to hurt me as he did, but anyone could see it was a premature stoppage and I should have been allowed to carry on and ride out the rough patch, even if that meant I would have got KO’d.
I think the Vitali Klitschko beating of Shannon Briggs a few weeks earlier and the public outcry made the referee jump in early and I was denied the opportunity to show my grit, determination and desire to be in there and compete and try to get back on level terms.
Let the haters and negative comments continue – I don’t really care. I know me and I can sleep at night as I’m happy with who I am today. Yes it hurts not to achieve your goals, but we roll up our sleeves and we try again; such is the beauty of life.”
Latest Boxing News
- Charlo doubleheader predictions for Saturday’s PPV card on Showtime
- Gennadiy Golovkin Vs. Kamil Szeremeta Could Go Head-to-Head With Errol Spence Vs. Danny Garcia
- Adrien Broner Says He Was “At Peace In Jail,” Return Fight in The Works
- “Of Course” – Alexander Povetkin Wants Tyson Fury Fight, Looking At 2021 Clash
- Charlo Twins Showtime PPV Presser Quotes & Photos
- Saucedo vs Barboza & Berlanga vs. Bellows on Lomachenko – Lopez card on Oct.17
- Sauerland Says A WBSS Heavyweight Tournament Is “On The List”
- Fury v Wilder III Will Not Happen Without Fans In Attendance: “We Can’t Lose That Gate”
- Josh Taylor and Charlie Edwards Press Conference Quotes
- Heavyweight WAR: Oleksandr Usyk will face Derek Chisora on October 31
From The Boxing Forums
- Is Tank Davis Punch Drunk????
- Fighters you just never took too ?
- Manny Pacquiao On Cover Of Ring Magazine (NOV 2020)
- My Delusional Mate Eddie Hearn
- Jaime Munguia vs Tureano Johnson in October
- Hagler vs Mayweather????
- Should Joshua vacate his WBO title to fight Fury quicker?
- Charlos vs Derevyanchenko/Rosario press conference
- Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread
- Boxers who Disappeared Like Frankie Gomez?
Latest Boxing Results:
- Nestor Bravo Defeats Jose Luis Gallegos by Unanimous Decision – Boxing Results
- Victor Faust aiming high after spectacular Knockout win – Boxing Results
- Alejandro Santiago defeats Willibaldo Garcia – Boxing Results
- Efe Ajagba Wins Top Rank Debut – Boxing Results
- Jose Pedraza dominates Javier Molina, Ajagba Decisions Rice – Boxing Results
- Erickson “The Hammer” Lubin beats Terrell Gausha – Boxing Results
- Francisco Fonseca stops Lesther Lara – Boxing Results
- Erickson Lubin vs. Terrell Gausha: Perfectly Punch or Weak Chin?
- Photos: Kavaliauskas KOs Zewski & Gonzalez defeats Marriaga
- Anthony Yarde Stops Dec Spelman In Six – Boxing Results