31.03.05 – WAYNE BRAITHWAITE (21-0, 17 KOs): “I am very grateful to SHOWTIME, Don King and everybody who made this fight happen. I am very confident and very focused. I really do not see how Mormeck can win, especially if he is lying on his back. This is my coming out party. I am more excited for this than I was for when I fought for the title..
“I do not know how to lose. He does. He is talking a lot, and saying that I am scared, but I am not scared.
“He will not be going back to France with my belt, or any belts. If the knockout comes, it comes. But I am ready to go 12 rounds and show all my skills and boxing ability. I really think that he might quit.’’
JEAN-MARC MORMECK (30-2, 21 KOs)
“I am not going to put extra pressure on myself, but I know I have a chance to make history and become the first boxer from my country to be a unified world champion. That would be a very big accomplishment.
“But my concentration is just on winning Saturday night. I am not well known in the United States now, but I will be after Saturday night. I did not come all this way to lose.
“Braithwaite can say a lot of things, but none of it is going to happen. What will happen is that I will win and be unified champion.
“I have never been in better shape. He has never fought anybody like me. This will be a hard fight, but I like hard fights.’’
The two boxers widely recognized as the most talented in the exciting cruiserweight division will square off when undefeated World Boxing Council (WBC) champion Wayne “Big Truck” Braithwaite faces his World Boxing Association (WBA) counterpart, Jean-Marc Mormeck, in an eagerly anticipated world title unification bout Saturday, April 2, on SHOWTIME. The division’s most enthralling match-up in years – and the first world cruiserweight unification fight since 1988 — will be shown on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING at 11 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast) at Worcester, Mass. Don King Productions will present the event.
Latest Boxing News
- Watch LIVE: Canelo vs. Saunders Press Conference
- Tyson Fury predicts Saunders win over Canelo
- Eddy Reynoso: Saunders can’t run out of the ring from Canelo
- Sauders: The Canelo fight is about boxing brains
- Canelo vs. Saunders – The first face off
- Can Billy Joe Saunders Win A Decision Over Canelo Alvarez?
- Four Top Rank on ESPN Events in May and June
- May 1946: The Ezzard Charles – Archie Moore Rivalry Begins
- Sergio Mora doubts Andy Ruiz Jr can win a world title again
- Roy Jones Vs. Joe Calzaghe? Thomas Hearns? Shannon Briggs?
- Canelo vs. Saunders: John Ryder possible replacement for Billy Joe
- Saunders tells Hearn to install his 22-foot ring in for Canelo fight
- Canelo: I don’t care about the ring size, the fight with Saunders will go ahead
- Manny Pacquiao To Announce His Next Fight And His Retirement At The Same Time
- Floyd Mayweather Lists The Best Fighter He Faced, And The Roughest!
Next Boxing Events
- Kurbanov vs. Liam Smith – ESPN+ – May 7
- Canelo vs Saunders – DAZN – May 8
- Hardy vs Camara – UFC Fight Pass – May 14
- Harper vs Choi – Sky Sports, DAZN – May 15
- Nery vs Figueroa – Showtime – May 15
- Ramirez vs Taylor – ESPN – May 22
- Haney vs Linares – DAZN – May 29
- Donaire vs Oubaali – Showtime – May 29
- Dubois vs Dinu – BT Sport – June 5
- Holyfield vs McBride – FITE TV – June 5
- Mayweather Vs Logan Paul – Showtime – June 6
- Stevenson vs. Nakathila – ESPN – June 12
- Munguia vs Sulecki – DAZN – June 19
- Jermall Charlo vs Montiel – Showtime – June 19
- Inoue vs. Dasmarinas – ESPN – June 19
Latest Boxing Results:
- Photos: Andy Ruiz Jr. Earns Unanimous Decision Over Chris Arreola
- Photos: Parker, Taylor, Eubank Jr & Bivol Win In Manchester
- Sebastian Fundora & Abel Ramos Victorious In FOX PPV Undercard Action
- Ruiz defeats Arreola – Boxing Results
- Erislandy Lara & Eduardo Ramirez Score Knockout Victories – Boxing Results
- Parker beats Chisora; Taylor decisions Jonas – Boxing Results
- Dimitry Bivol beats Craig Richards – Boxing Results
- Chris Eubank Jr Pounds Out Ten Round Unanimous Decision Over Marcus Morrison
- Jovanni Straffon Blasts Out James Tennyson In One Explosive Round
- Andy Ruiz Jr vs. Chris Arreola – Live Boxing Results from Carson, Ca