INDIO, CALIF., July 26 – The headliners on Saturday’s TeleFutura “Sólo Boxeo Tecate” doubleheader at the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, Calif. will get a run for their money when it comes to competition from the undercard as a host of local favorites, hot prospects and hungry veterans will all take to the ring before Ronny Rios vs. David Rodela and Julio Diaz vs. Henry Aurad close the show on a hot summer night in the Coachella Valley.
In the main event, unbeaten Ronny Rios and “Dangerous” David Rodela square off in a 10 round junior lightweight fight while former World Champion Julio Diaz returns to the ring to take on Henry Aurad in the 10 round welterweight co-feature on TeleFutura’s “Sólo Boxeo Tecate.” Also in action on Saturday night will be unbeatens Kenny Williams, Julian Ramirez and Dmitry Chudinov.
This evening of world class professional boxing is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Cerveza Tecate. Doors open at 6:00pm PT on fight night and the first bell rings at 7:00pm PT. The TeleFutura broadcast begins at 12:00am ET/PT.
Tickets, priced at $25, $35 and $45, are available for purchase at the Fantasy Springs Box Office, by calling (800) 827-2946 or online at www.fantasyspringsresort.com.
Heading up Saturday’s four-fight undercard will be a six round junior middleweight matchup between battlers Angel Osuna (8-3-1, 4 KO’s) and Eddie Hunter (6-7-2, 2 KO’s). 24-year-old Osuna, a Culiacan native now fighting out of Coachella, Calif., is on a four fight winning streak, with two of those victories coming by knockout. In Seattle’s Hunter, he will be facing a tough warrior who is fresh off of a March victory over then 3-1-1 prospect Kevin Hand.
Palm Springs’ Kenny Williams (3-0-1, 1 KO) is unbeaten in his campaign as a professional and he has become a fan favorite at Fantasy Springs where he has fought all of his fights. On Saturday, he will compete in a six round junior welterweight fight against Portland, Oregon’s William Williams (4-1, 2 KO’s).
Although he is only 2-0, Los Angeles junior featherweight Julian Ramirez has given fans plenty of reason to cheer thus far including his two first round knockouts. In a four round fight, he faces fellow Los Angeles product Christian Navarro who is making his professional debut.
In the opening fight, scheduled for four rounds in the middleweight division, Russian prospect Dmitry Chudinov (6-0-1, 3 KO’s) will face an opponent to be determined.
PRO BOXING RETURNS TO THE COMMERCE CASINO, FRIDAY, AUGUST 3RD
LOS ANGELES, CA (July 25, 2012) Presented by GK Boxing Promotions, world class professional boxing returns to the Commerce Casino in Los Angeles, California on Friday, August 3rd.
Advance tickets priced at $40 and $75 can be purchased by calling the GK Boxing Promotions office at (562) 882-3785. The Commerce Casino is located at 6131 Telegraph Road in Commerce, California. Doors will open on the night of the event at 7pm.
Headlining the event is a terrific lightweight clash between Ciudad Obregon, Mexico native Fernando Carcamo, 10-3-0 (7KO’s) and undefeated Herbert Acevedo, 7-0-0 (4KO’s) of Kansas City, Kansas.
A professional for four years, Carcamo returns to action following his career best win on April 28th, a second round stoppage of highly regarded and undefeated prospect Fidel Maldonado Jr. in Pueblo, New Mexico. Carcamo dropped Maldonado twice before referee Rocky Burke waived the fight off at the 1:10 mark of the second stanza.
With the win over Maldonado Jr., Carcamo captured the WBC Youth World Silver Lightweight Title, which he will defend against Acevedo.
The 21-year-old Acevedo rolls into the Commerce Casino, fighting in the Los Angeles area for the fifth straight time. Most recently he knocked out Eddie Ramirez in the second round on March 31st in Woodland Hills, California.
Also featured will be a terrific super middleweight clash between Los Angeles’ Benjamin Diaz, 11-6-2 (8KO’s) and Daniel Perez, 8-9-1 (5KO’s) of San Pedro, California.
This will be the third time Diaz and Perez have hit the ring together, the first resulting in a draw on June 11, 2009 with Perez scoring a first round knockout on July 22, 2011.
Other young area prospects and newcomers featured at the Commerce Casino in separate bouts include lightweight Carlos Rodriguez, 3-0-0 (1KO), of Oxnard, lightweight Artur Bernetsyan, 7-0-0 (2KO’s) of Van Nuys, welterweight Jaime Ocegueda, 6-0-0 (4KO’s), of East Los Angeles, and junior middleweight Jose Leon, 1-1-1 (1KO), of Visalia.
CAS Rejects an Irish Boxer’s Appeal for Olympic Spot
London, Great Britain, 26 July 2012 – The Ad Hoc Division of the Court of Arbitration for Sport this afternoon rejected an appeal by the Irish boxer, Mr Joe Ward, against the decision of the Tripartite Commission to award a place at the London 2012 Olympic Games to the Montenegrin boxer, Mr Bosko Draskovic.
The CAS Panel specifically pointed out the fact that, even if the CAS had jurisdiction in relation to this matter, Mr. Ward’s appeal would have failed on its merits. The CAS Panel confirmed AIBA’s position that Mr Ward could not have been considered as the “next best ranked boxer” given his 16th place finish at the AIBA World Boxing Championships Baku 2011.
In addition, while the decision was the undoubtedly the right one, it is lamentable that the lawyer of Mr Ward waited until the last minute to make his application to the CAS which ruled that Mr Ward’s appeal was made outside the relevant time limits and that, therefore, the CAS did not have the requisite jurisdiction.
Latest Boxing News
- Charlo twins quotes for Saturday on Showtime PPV
- Alex Saucedo faces Arnold Barboza & Edgar Berlanga vs. Lanell Bellows on Lomachenko-Lopez card on Oct.17
- Sauerland Says A WBSS Heavyweight Tournament Is “On The List”
- Fury v Wilder III Will Not Happen Without Fans In Attendance: “We Can’t Lose That Gate”
- Josh Taylor and Charlie Edwards Press Conference Quotes
- Heavyweight WAR: Oleksandr Usyk will face Derek Chisora on October 31
- Charlo vs. Rosario / Charlo vs. Derevyanchenko: Press Conference Live Stream
- Jeison Rosario ready for war against Jermell Charlo
- Jaime Munguia returns against Tureano Johnson on Oct.30
- Dorticos Vs. Breidis WBSS Final This Saturday: Who Wins?
From The Boxing Forums
- Has Canelo ever defeated the #1 in any division without controversy?
- Who are your favourite British fighters? (Top 5)
- Mayweather vs Pacquiao - Who do you think is higher on all-time list?
- Salita files a lawsuit against Ergashev
- Jermell or Jermall, who will have a better career?
- Jeff Horn is thinking about retirement.
- O’Shaquie Foster vs Miguel Roman
- If Briedis beats Dorticos, should he move up to heavy immediately?
- Despite Whyte's personality, credit is due for his resume
- Prime Chad Dawson vs. Artur Beterbiev.
Latest Boxing Results:
- Victor Faust aiming high after spectacular Knockout win – Boxing Results
- Alejandro Santiago defeats Willibaldo Garcia – Boxing Results
- Efe Ajagba Wins Top Rank Debut – Boxing Results
- Jose Pedraza dominates Javier Molina, Ajagba Decisions Rice – Boxing Results
- Erickson “The Hammer” Lubin beats Terrell Gausha – Boxing Results
- Francisco Fonseca stops Lesther Lara – Boxing Results
- Erickson Lubin vs. Terrell Gausha: Perfectly Punch or Weak Chin?
- Photos: Kavaliauskas KOs Zewski & Gonzalez defeats Marriaga
- Anthony Yarde Stops Dec Spelman In Six – Boxing Results
- Egidijus Kavaliauskas beats Mikael Zewski – Boxing Results