Miami, Florida via Barranquilla, Colombia, slugger Breidis Prescott (23-2, 19 KOs) wishes to congratulate WBA World Light Welterweight Champion Amir Kahn for his close, but deserved, victory over Argentina’s Marcos Maidana last Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada.
Prescott has just one little question after watching and listening to the fight.
“Khan said he specifically chose Maidana for an opponent and kept calling that fight his redemption for being knocked out by me… how does beating anyone other than me make up for what I did to him?”
Prescott knocked Khan flat in 54 seconds in September of 2008 at the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester, giving him his first loss with unforgettable brutality.
“If he wants his true redemption — If he truly wants to prove what happened was a fluke and remove all doubt from his name, then let’s do it again. I’ll go right to his backyard and knock him out again. Maybe he knows that and that’s why he chose someone other than me to try and prove what I did wasn’t real?”
“Saturday night Amir Khan proved not only his great ability, but his heart,” said Lou DiBella of DiBella Entertainment (Prescott’s co-promoter along with Leon Margules of Warriors Boxing). “It’s time to defend against the only fighter who was able to test his chin. He should take the opportunity to try to erase the only blemish on his great record.”
“You don’t wrestle a polar bear to prove you can beat a tiger. They’re two different fighters,” added Margules of Prescott and Maidana. “If Amir Khan wants to erase the memory of what happened to him, there’s only one fighter he can do that against. Breidis Prescott is the man who knocked out Amir Khan, so if Khan is looking for true redemption, tell him it’s a phone call away.”
Latest Boxing News
- Mikaela Mayer faces Ewa Brodnicka on Inoue vs. Moloney card on Oct.31
- Murat Gassiev Vs. Kevin Johnson On October 31?
- Dereck Chisora Says He’s “Stronger” Than Joshua, Fury, Whyte, Wilder
- Can Cruiserweight King Mairis Briedis Make It As A Heavyweight?
- Terence Crawford Turns 33 – At 36-0, “Bud” Still In Need Of His Defining Fight
- Kenny Norton: The Fighter Muhammad Ali Was Never Able To Master
- WBSS Champ Mairis Briedis returns to Latvia with the Ali Trophy
- “Irish” Micky Ward: One of boxing’s most beloved ring warriors
- Pablo Valdez keen on ring return, reflects on COVID’s effect on his career
- 40 Years Ago Today: Marvin Hagler’s Brutal Coronation
From The Boxing Forums
- Terence Crawford versus Josh Taylor at 147
- The Charlo Bros are the real deal
- John Riel Casimero calls out Naoya Inoue “You’re no monster!”
- *** Kirks Championships *** | 2020 Boxing Prediction League
- How high out of 10 should a fighter with this record be rated?
- Santos Saúl Álvarez Barragán vs. Sergey Vyacheslavovich Derevyanchenko
- Jermall Charlo vs Derevyanchenko (how did you score it)
- (BREAKING) Mikey Garcia Confirms Manny Pacquiao Fight Is Next...
- Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.
- Lomachenko is getting up there in age
Latest Boxing Results:
- And The Nastiest KO Of The Night Award Goes To ….Filip Hrgovic!
- Casimero Retains WBO Bantam Title With Quick Win Over Micah – Boxing Results
- Jermell Charlo KOs Jeison Rosario in 8th round – Boxing Results
- Photos: Jermell Charlo KOs Jeison Rosario; Jermall Charlo defeats Derevyanchenko
- Jermall Charlo decisions Derevyanchenko – Boxing Results
- Josh Taylor Destroys Khongsong In A Round With Brutal Body Shot -Boxing Results
- Mairis Briedis wins the Ali Trophy After Enthralling Final – Boxing Results
- Photos: Taylor Blows Out Khongsong in 1 Round
- Mario Cazares Stuns Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. – Boxing Results
- Bohachuk Wins In Mexico; Reyes stops Rodriguez – Boxing Results