Polish middleweight Przemek “The Machine” Majewski scored a dramatic final round knockout to give the Polish fans at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ a great prelude to the Tomasz Adamek vs. Vinny Maddalone main event on Thursday night. After a brutal first two rounds that saw both men cut, Majewski (15-0, 10 KO) of Atlantic City, NJ by way of Radom, Poland took control in the third by applying his superior boxing craft and movement. Caminero (7-4, 7 KO) of Lawrence, Mass. remained undaunted along the way, continuing to throw wild and land occasionally..
By the fifth round Majewski had complete control as he hurt the tough Caminero for the first time in the fight with a series of right crosses.
It appeared as if the fight was destined to go to the scorecards when Majewski closed the show with a brutal right cross that convinced referee Sparkle Lee to end the fight without a count at the 1:20 mark of the eighth round.
“It was a great feeling to fight in front of 1000s of Polish fans,” said Majewski. “I was very happy that my family back in Poland got to see the fight on pay-per-view. That gave me great motivation.
“Sometimes you can make a fight easy or you can make it hard; I made this fight harder than it had to be. I hurt him in the first round and started fighting instead of boxing. Some rounds I boxed and used my jab and I was in total control.
“I had to get stitches, but a fighter is always happy when he wins so it takes away the pain.”
Majewski, who trains with Bill Johnson and is promoted by Global Boxing Promotions, has now won twice on an Adamek undercard.
For more information on Majewski, visit www.globalboxing.com .
Latest Boxing News
- Mikaela Mayer faces Ewa Brodnicka on Inoue vs. Moloney card on Oct.31
- Murat Gassiev Vs. Kevin Johnson On October 31?
- Dereck Chisora Says He’s “Stronger” Than Joshua, Fury, Whyte, Wilder
- Can Cruiserweight King Mairis Briedis Make It As A Heavyweight?
- Terence Crawford Turns 33 – At 36-0, “Bud” Still In Need Of His Defining Fight
- Kenny Norton: The Fighter Muhammad Ali Was Never Able To Master
- WBSS Champ Mairis Briedis returns to Latvia with the Ali Trophy
- “Irish” Micky Ward: One of boxing’s most beloved ring warriors
- Pablo Valdez keen on ring return, reflects on COVID’s effect on his career
- 40 Years Ago Today: Marvin Hagler’s Brutal Coronation
From The Boxing Forums
- Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.
- The Charlo Bros are the real deal
- Jermall Charlo vs Derevyanchenko (how did you score it)
- Lomachenko is getting up there in age
- Terence Crawford versus Josh Taylor at 147
- (BREAKING) Mikey Garcia Confirms Manny Pacquiao Fight Is Next...
- Seeing all the chaos of current HW division today..shows you how good Wlad was
- Most badass moments I've seen in boxing ring
- Tyson Fury would beat Mike Tyson
- Hrgovic or Dubois
Latest Boxing Results:
- And The Nastiest KO Of The Night Award Goes To ….Filip Hrgovic!
- Casimero Retains WBO Bantam Title With Quick Win Over Micah – Boxing Results
- Jermell Charlo KOs Jeison Rosario in 8th round – Boxing Results
- Photos: Jermell Charlo KOs Jeison Rosario; Jermall Charlo defeats Derevyanchenko
- Jermall Charlo decisions Derevyanchenko – Boxing Results
- Josh Taylor Destroys Khongsong In A Round With Brutal Body Shot -Boxing Results
- Mairis Briedis wins the Ali Trophy After Enthralling Final – Boxing Results
- Photos: Taylor Blows Out Khongsong in 1 Round
- Mario Cazares Stuns Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. – Boxing Results
- Bohachuk Wins In Mexico; Reyes stops Rodriguez – Boxing Results