Tonight, live on ESPN’s “Friday Night Fights” Cestus Management’s undefeated Super Middleweight contender, Donovan “Da Bomb” George (20-0-1, 17KO’s) will have the opportunity to win his first title as a professional when he fights for the vacant WBO/NABO Super-Middleweight Title against tough and rugged, power punching Mexican, Francisco “Ponchito” Sierra (21-3, 20KO’s) at the Buffalo Run Casino, in Miami Oklahoma.
George, of Greek decent, is coming off a impressive and highly entertaining win in his last fight against once beaten Osumanu Adama. It was George’s 2nd win in 2010, and an another win tomorrow night on the nationally televised broadcast will be a yet another major step forward towards Super Middleweight supremacy for the Chicago native..
George said, I can’t describe the incredible feeling i have; my manager (Cestus) made this title fight possible and i have the chance to fight for a title, its a dream come true and the victory will be even more sweeter. George added, I know that Sierra can punch, but so can i and if he fights hard like he said; i will fight even harder, I have never been more ready in my life the title is mine.
The power punching Francisco Sierra, is a ferocious all action fighter who has won 20 of his 21 victories by way of knockout. Sierra is an all action fighter who puts non stop pressure on his opponents and grinds them down before he knocks them out. At the end of the day both fighters know what’s at stake and the fight fans are guaranteed to see a barn burner.
Mike Michael, who is Cestus Management’s Chief advisor, said, Everyone at Cestus worked overtime to give Donovan this opportunity to fight for the NABO Title. We believe that Donovan is the real deal and we are backing him 110% and tonight Championship fight is the beginning of big thing fto come in the future. Michael added, For Cestus this is a special time as Donovan is a Greek American and our Company is also a Greek American. So tonight Donovan will be representing every Greek across the world. Michael further added, “I want to thank Jimmy “ZEEK” Hartofilis for his undeniable support, our Promoters, the fabulous Buffalo Run Casino, and ESPN for this great opportunity.
CORDOVA, PERRY READY TO SHINE
With two high profiled televised fights scheduled just a few weeks apart, Zeferino Entertainment is set to explode onto the scene as two of her brightest stars take on their most dangerous opponents on televised fights. On August 13th welterweight prospect Marvin Cordova (21-1-1, 11 KO’s) clashes with Josesito Lopez (26-3, 15 KO’s) in a ESPN televised fight at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California.
“This is a tremendous match up with Lopez with relentless pressure and Cordova with his natural boxing talent and speed,” commented Guy Taylor of Zeferino Entertainment, “the one that can dig deep will pull this off, the only true winner is the fans.
Cordova, who had been on the sidelines for the last eleven months, recognizes that a dominant win will almost certainly put him in the top ten. But he finds himself in the unenviable position of the underdog as he takes on Lopez in his backyard.
“Marvin had some managerial issues, which put him on the sidelines,” commented promoter Zeferino Entertainment’s Zef Ramirez, “but the delay proved beneficial. Marvin is hungrier, and I haven’t seen a sign of ring rust at all. I feel confident that Lopez, and the boxing world, is going to see the best Marvin Cordova on August 13th.”
Although Lopez is the favorite and is coming off a four fight winning streak that saw him defeat the likes of prospect Patrick Lopez and former Colorado based prospect Anthony Mora, he too is coming in off a notable layoff of ten months.
With the fight being on the undercard of the Chris Arreola versus Manuel Quezada fight, Ramirez is confident that Cordova will more than make up for lost time however. “This is such an exciting card, and with it being televised it ensures that the eyes of much of the boxing world will be on Marvin when he steps in the ring.”
But two weeks before Marvin Cordova faces Lopez, another one of Zeferino Entertainment’s brightest up-and-comers in Abel Perry (12-3, 4 KO’s) will be looking to capitalize on a high profile televised fight. Perry will be fighting in a swing bout against Jonathan Gonzalez (8-0, 8 KO’s) in an ESPN televised card from the Buffalo Run Casino in Tulsa, Oklahoma tomorrow. Ramirez anticipates the fight will be the televised swing bout, which features Delvin Rodriguez in the main event. Although Gonzalez has never gone the distance, and in his last fight scored a dominant knockout over tough Yoryi Estrella, Ramirez feels this is the perfect fight for Abel.
“Abel is as talented a welterweight as you’ll see,” commented Ramirez, “and I don’t think Gonzalez has ever fought a guy with as much durability, speed, and overall talent as Abel. I know that Abel doesn’t have as flashy a record as Jonathan, but if he were to defeat him on ESPN, I think it puts him in line for a NABF or USBA ranking.”
Burchfield: ‘Lundy isn’t a free agent’
PROVIDENCE (July 28, 2010) – Jimmy Burchfield, President of Classic Entertainment and Sports, Inc., categorically denied reports issued today that lightweight prospect “Hammerin’” Hank Lundy (18-1-1, 10 KOs) is a promotional free agent.
“He is not a free agent and promoters shouldn’t be speaking with him or his team,” Burchfield explained. “CES turned him pro and we have completely and totally honored our end of the contract. We just had him fighting on national television twice within 90 days.
“We’ve worked through his different managers and trainers, never wavering in our full support of Hank. Like with all of our fighters, other than actually fighting for them, we do everything we can to help them, in and out of the ring, including Hank. We still strongly believe in him.”
Go to www.cesboxing.com for information about CES or any of its fighters, including Lundy.