by Alden Chodash – Current WBC Welterweight Champion Andre Berto retained his title by outboxing his dangerous challenger, Juan Urango over the course of twelve rounds and walked off with a unanimous decision victory. After a few interesting exchanges between the two in the early rounds, Berto felt content with keeping the hard hitting Urango at long range thus avoiding the risk of such a renowned puncher. Berto scored frequently with his money punch, the right uppercut and kept Urango turning and unable to get off. Scores were 117-111, and 118-110 (Twice).
Former WBO Welterweight Champion, Kermit Cintron ressurected his career with a scintilating, hard fought unanimous decision victory against previously unbeaten, Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo. After a slow start to the highly-anticipated Junior-Middleweight title eliminator over the first two rounds, Cintron got on track starting in round three with crisp combinations that Angulo had no defense for whatsoever. Angulo started to respond in round five by closing the gap on Cintron and landing effective punches out of his natural orthodox stance as well as his southpaw stance. Just when it seemed that Cintron would fold under Angulo’s steady pressure, the former champion kicked it into another gear in the late rounds before surviving one last charge from Angulo in the twelfth. However, it was too late for “El Perro” to shift the fight in his momentum and Cintron walked off with a unanimous decision victor y. Scores were 116-112 across the board..
Undefeated heavyweight prospect, Tor Hamer out of Harlem, NY, blitzed overmatched Samuel Brown, dropping him three times in two rounds en route to a stoppage. Hamer moves to 6-0 (5 KOs) with the win.
By way of majority decision, Wilmer Vasquez, Ocamare De La Costa, Venezuela, remains undefeated against sturdy veteran, Andrew Greeley, Monroe, Louisiana. Wilmer Vasquez moves to 9-0-1 with 5 KOs while Andrew Greeley falls to 14-27-2 with 8 KOs.
2008 Olympian Jonathan Gonzalez stayed undefeated with an impressive 1st round stoppage of Laquel Fleming. Gonzalez ended the fight midway through the first round with a resounding barrage of punches before the referee waved off the contest.
“The Mack Attack” Yusaf Mack, New York, NY, looked impressive in his stoppage win against DeAndrey Abron, Youngston, Ohio. Mack opened up on Abron in round four, putting him down with a series of punches and ended the affair later that round with a huge left hook which prompted trainer, Jack Loew to save his charge.
Latest Boxing News
- Gervonta Davis vs. Marios Barrios at 140 in summer
- Kambosos Jr On Teofimo Lopez: He’s Not Had The Super Hard Road I have; I Sparred 23 F*****g
- “No More Issues,” Arum Says Of Fury-Joshua Negotiations; Formal Announcement Imminent?
- Billy Joe Saunders: There’s no rematch clause for Canelo Alvarez fight
- Bob Arum says Lomachenko vs. Devin Haney is possible
- Mikey Garcia finalizing fight with Manny Pacquiao
- David Benavidez – Ronald Ellis on March 13th
- Jake Paul says Canelo Alvarez is ducking Benavidez and Andrade
- With Canelo-Saunders And Taylor-Ramirez Set, May Will Be One Massive Month For British Boxing
- Jose Ramirez, Josh Taylor to Battle for Undisputed Junior Welterweight Crown
Next Boxing Events
- Bohachuk vs Adams – NBCSN – March 4
- Yoka vs Djeko – ESPN+, Premier Sports – March 5
- Shields vs Dicaire – FITE TV – March 5
- Lee vs Teah – Showtime – March 10
- Rungvisai vs Sithmorseng – DAZN – March 12
- Estrada Vs Gonzalez – DAZN – March 13
- Benavídez vs Ellis – Showtime – March 13
- Hughes vs Hyland – IFL, ESPN+ – March 19
- Okolie vs Glowacki – DAZN, SKY – March 20
- Beterbiev vs Deines – ESPN – March 20
- Ortiz Jr vs Hooker – DAZN – March 20
- Serrano vs Bermudez – NBCSN – March 25
- Povetkin vs Whyte 2 – DAZN, SKY – March 27
- Herring vs Frampton – BT Sport, ESPN – April 3
- Benn vs Vargas – DAZN, SKY – April 10
Latest Boxing Results:
- Kamshybek Kunkabayev wins first professional title – Boxing Results
- Daniele Scardina: New European Union champion – Boxing Results
- Pacheco defeats Rodolfo Gomez Jr. in Miami – Boxing Results
- WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman to review mandatory process following Canelo’s blowout win over Yildirim
- Yildirim got $2.5M, Canelo eight-figures for match
- Jerry “Slugger” Forrest Almost Upset “Big Bang” Zhang In “Miracle Draw”
- Canelo battered timid Yildirim
- Anthony Dirrell & Kyrone Davis Battle to Split Draw – Boxing Results
- Canelo Alvarez destroys Avni Yildirim – Boxing Results
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Avni Yildirim – live results