by Alden Chodash – Current WBC Welterweight Champion Andre Berto retained his title by outboxing his dangerous challenger, Juan Urango over the course of twelve rounds and walked off with a unanimous decision victory. After a few interesting exchanges between the two in the early rounds, Berto felt content with keeping the hard hitting Urango at long range thus avoiding the risk of such a renowned puncher. Berto scored frequently with his money punch, the right uppercut and kept Urango turning and unable to get off. Scores were 117-111, and 118-110 (Twice).
Former WBO Welterweight Champion, Kermit Cintron ressurected his career with a scintilating, hard fought unanimous decision victory against previously unbeaten, Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo. After a slow start to the highly-anticipated Junior-Middleweight title eliminator over the first two rounds, Cintron got on track starting in round three with crisp combinations that Angulo had no defense for whatsoever. Angulo started to respond in round five by closing the gap on Cintron and landing effective punches out of his natural orthodox stance as well as his southpaw stance. Just when it seemed that Cintron would fold under Angulo’s steady pressure, the former champion kicked it into another gear in the late rounds before surviving one last charge from Angulo in the twelfth. However, it was too late for “El Perro” to shift the fight in his momentum and Cintron walked off with a unanimous decision victor y. Scores were 116-112 across the board..
Undefeated heavyweight prospect, Tor Hamer out of Harlem, NY, blitzed overmatched Samuel Brown, dropping him three times in two rounds en route to a stoppage. Hamer moves to 6-0 (5 KOs) with the win.
By way of majority decision, Wilmer Vasquez, Ocamare De La Costa, Venezuela, remains undefeated against sturdy veteran, Andrew Greeley, Monroe, Louisiana. Wilmer Vasquez moves to 9-0-1 with 5 KOs while Andrew Greeley falls to 14-27-2 with 8 KOs.
2008 Olympian Jonathan Gonzalez stayed undefeated with an impressive 1st round stoppage of Laquel Fleming. Gonzalez ended the fight midway through the first round with a resounding barrage of punches before the referee waved off the contest.
“The Mack Attack” Yusaf Mack, New York, NY, looked impressive in his stoppage win against DeAndrey Abron, Youngston, Ohio. Mack opened up on Abron in round four, putting him down with a series of punches and ended the affair later that round with a huge left hook which prompted trainer, Jack Loew to save his charge.
Latest Boxing News
- Mikaela Mayer faces Ewa Brodnicka on Inoue vs. Moloney card on Oct.31
- Murat Gassiev Vs. Kevin Johnson On October 31?
- Dereck Chisora Says He’s “Stronger” Than Joshua, Fury, Whyte, Wilder
- Can Cruiserweight King Mairis Briedis Make It As A Heavyweight?
- Terence Crawford Turns 33 – At 36-0, “Bud” Still In Need Of His Defining Fight
- Kenny Norton: The Fighter Muhammad Ali Was Never Able To Master
- WBSS Champ Mairis Briedis returns to Latvia with the Ali Trophy
- “Irish” Micky Ward: One of boxing’s most beloved ring warriors
- Pablo Valdez keen on ring return, reflects on COVID’s effect on his career
- 40 Years Ago Today: Marvin Hagler’s Brutal Coronation
From The Boxing Forums
- Tyson Fury would beat Mike Tyson
- GGG Or Wilder??
- *** Kirks Championships *** | 2020 Boxing Prediction League
- Murat Gassiev vs Kevin Johnson is set for October 31st!
- John Riel Casimero calls out Naoya Inoue “You’re no monster!”
- Jermall Charlo vs Derevyanchenko (how did you score it)
- Terence Crawford versus Josh Taylor at 147
- The Charlo Bros are the real deal
- How high out of 10 should a fighter with this record be rated?
- Santos Saúl Álvarez Barragán vs. Sergey Vyacheslavovich Derevyanchenko
Latest Boxing Results:
- And The Nastiest KO Of The Night Award Goes To ….Filip Hrgovic!
- Casimero Retains WBO Bantam Title With Quick Win Over Micah – Boxing Results
- Jermell Charlo KOs Jeison Rosario in 8th round – Boxing Results
- Photos: Jermell Charlo KOs Jeison Rosario; Jermall Charlo defeats Derevyanchenko
- Jermall Charlo decisions Derevyanchenko – Boxing Results
- Josh Taylor Destroys Khongsong In A Round With Brutal Body Shot -Boxing Results
- Mairis Briedis wins the Ali Trophy After Enthralling Final – Boxing Results
- Photos: Taylor Blows Out Khongsong in 1 Round
- Mario Cazares Stuns Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. – Boxing Results
- Bohachuk Wins In Mexico; Reyes stops Rodriguez – Boxing Results