CHICAGO, IL (June 1, 2009) Dominic Pesoli’s 8 Count Productions, HOME OF THE BEST IN CHICAGO BOXING, has announced details of “WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT 3”, their next action packed evening of world class professional boxing set for Friday, June 26th at the UIC Pavilion. Tickets for “WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT 3”, starting at $31, are on sale now through the 8 Count Productions office at 312-226-5800 and through Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or www.ticketmaster.com..
Headlining “WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT 3” is an outstanding junior welterweight showdown between undefeated Chicago fan favorite, Ivan Popoca and Tulare, California’s Hector Alatorre.
The all-action aggressive Popoca, 10-0-1 (7KO’s) is coming off an excellent decision win over Canadian Sebastien Hamel on April 24th at the UIC Pavilion. Since turning professional two years ago, Popoca has become a must-see attraction for Chicago area fight fans.
The 27 year old Alatorre, 15-7-0 (5KO’s), returns to Chicago following a terrific ten round battle with former World Champion Carlos Hernandez on August 15th. Known for his strength and toughness, Alatorre battled back and forth with Hernandez losing a very close ten round split decision.
The eight round co-feature at “WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT 3” is a super middleweight title fight between Chicago ’s Andrzej “THE POLISH PRINCE” Fonfara and Rockford, Illinois’ Skyler Thompson for the WBF All-Americas Super Middleweight Title.
The 21 year old Fonfara, 12-2-0 (3KO’s), a native of Warsaw , Poland , now residing in Chicago , is coming of a terrific six round decision win over Kendall Gould on March 27th.
The heavy handed Thompson, 11-3-0 (9KO’s), will look to get back on the winning track after a tough loss to veteran Sammy Sparkman on March 7th.
In a special feature attraction, Chicago fan favorite Rita “LA GUERA” Figueroa and Lynnwood, Washington native Tammie “THE TASMANIAN DEVIL” Johnson will square off once again in a rematch of their draw on March 27th at the inaugural “WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT”.
Coming into the rematch, the undefeated Figueroa brings a record of 10-0-1 (3KO’s) into battle while Johnson’s record stands at 3-2-2.
The undercard features Chicago natives; featherweight Juan Bailon, junior welterweights Ramiro Carrillo and Ryan Smedick along with welterweight Achour Esho in separate bouts.
Doors on the evening of the event will open at 7pm with the first bell at 8pm. The UIC Pavilion is located at 525 S. Racine , just one block south of the Eisenhower Expressway. For further information, please visit their website at www.uicpavilion.com
Video: Windy City Fight Night 2
CHICAGO, IL, (May 27, 2009) Chicago’s 8 Count Productions, HOME OF THE BEST IN CHICAGO, has finalized plans for an outstanding evening of world class professional boxing this Friday night, May 29th, at the UIC Pavilion. Tickets for “WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT 2”, starting at $31, can be purchased through the 8 Count Productions office at 312-226-5800, through Ticketmaster at 312-559-1212 or www.ticketmaster.com, or on Friday night at the UIC Pavilion Box Office. Doors on Friday night will open at 7pm with the first bell at 8pm. The UIC Pavilion is located at 525 S. Racine, just one block south of the Eisenhower Expressway. For further directions, please visit their website at www.uicpavilion.com.
Headlining “WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT 2” is an outstanding lightweight rematch between Chicago’s Jaime “SUPERFLY” Sandoval and San Luis Potosi, Mexico native Juan Carlos “EL PEZ” Martinez for the WBF Americas World Title.
Sandoval and Martinez previously battled in an outstanding eight rounder in October of 1997, with Martinez narrowly winning the terrific back and forth fight.
In his five year career, Sandoval, the brother of former world champion Jesus Chavez, has compiled a record of 15-3-1 with seven knockouts. Martinez brings a record of 15-10-1 with seven knockouts into the rematch.
The co-main event at “WINDY CITY FIGHT NIGHT 2” will feature sensational bantamweight prospect Eric “EL LOCO” Estrada,
7-0-0 (3KO’s) in his toughest test against El Paso, Texas native Olvin Mejia, 3-2-3 (3KO’s) of Laredo, Texas.
The undercard features an excellent array of Chicago based prospects.
In a four round super bantamweight bout, Chicago’s Sergio Montes de oca, 2-0-0, will face off against veteran LeShuan Blair of Knoxville, TN.
Chicago lightweight Russell Fiore, 1-0-0 (1KO) will battle Indianapolis native, Derek Hill, 0-2-0, in a scheduled four round junior welterweight bout.
Making their pro debuts, Chicago super bantamweights Sergio Cristobal and Juan Carlos Fernandez will battle over four rounds.
Also making his pro debut, lightweight Jose Hernandez will take on Carson City, Nevada native Sergio Orantes, 0-1-0, in a four round bout..
Rounding out the card, Chicago welterweight Tony Maldonado will make his pro debut against Justin Muse, 0-1-0, of Indianapolis.
(Due to a minor injury, the previously announced Ramiro Carillo/Oscar De La Cruz bout will now take place at the next 8 Count Productions event.)
8 Count Productions, HOME OF THE BEST IN CHICAGO BOXING, was started by Dominic Pesoli in 1998 and has consistently presented the highest quality professional boxing events in Chicagoland. In 2003, Pesoli along with former featherweight contender Mike Garcia, opened JABB Boxing Gym, a 6,000 square foot venue dedicated to the finest Chicagoland boxers of all talent levels.
For more information on 8 Count Productions and JABB Boxing Gym, please visit www.8countproductions.com and www.jabbboxing.com
Latest Boxing News
- Matchroom signs 5-year deal with DAZN, splitting with Sky
- Billy Joe Saunders: I’ll beat Canelo by being myself
- Chris Arreola quotes & photos for May 1st – Ruiz vs Arreola
- Jake Logan IS the future of boxing
- Jaime Munguia targeting Golovkin fight in 2021 or 2021
- Arum: “A Berlanga – Canelo Fight Would Be This Generation’s Pacquiao-Mayweather”
- Paul Gallen Destroys Lucas Browne Inside A Round – Boxing Results
- Canelo vs. Saunders: What happens if Billy Joe wins on May 8th?
- Jamel Herring Interview: “I want to win more world titles”
- De La Hoya says The World will be shocked by his opponent’s name
Next Boxing Events
- Mrdjenovich vs Hernandez – NBCSN – April 22
- Munguia vs Ballard *** Postponed ***
- Navarrete vs Diaz – ESPN – April 24
- Bentley Vs Cash – BT Sport – April 24
- Conlan vs Baluta Jr – ESPN+ – April 30
- Chisora vs Parker – Sky, DAZN – May 1
- Taylor vs Jonas – DAZN, Sky – May 1
- Lara vs LaManna – FOX – May 1
- Ruiz Jr vs Arreola – FOX PPV – May 1
- Canelo vs Saunders – DAZN, Sky – May 8
- Hardy vs Camara – UFC Fight Pass – May 14
- Harper vs Choi – Sky Sports, DAZN – May 15
- Nery vs Figueroa – Showtime – May 15
- Ramirez vs Taylor – ESPN – May 22
- Haney vs Linares – DAZN – May 29
Latest Boxing Results:
- Paul Gallen Destroys Lucas Browne Inside A Round – Boxing Results
- Frank Martin stops Jerry Perez – Boxing Results
- Kendrick Ball, Jr. hits home run vs. Bryan Vera – Boxing Results
- Ruben “Ace” Torres Remains Unbeaten – Boxing Results
- Steve Cunningham Decisions Mir, But De La Hoya’s Commentary Steals The Show!
- Paul destroys Askren, Prograis defeats Redkach & Cunningham Wins – Boxing Results
- Tony Harrison & Bryant Perrella Fight To Split Draw – Boxing Results
- Danny Dignum vs. Andrey Sirotkin ends in draw – Boxing Results
- Demetrius Andrade beats Liam Williams – Boxing Results
- Andrey Fedosov KOs Majidov in 1st Round – Boxing Results