30.09.05 – Orange, CA – After successfully obtaining world titles, Josesito Lopez and Timothy Ray Bradley Jr., will make the trip to Linea de Concepcion, Cadiz, Spain, to participate in the activities and events at the 43rd Annual World Boxing Council Convention..
Both fighters will be representing Thompson Boxing Promotions along with matchmaker and general manager Alex Camponovo.
Jose Lopez (15-1, 9 KOs), just defended his WBC Intercontinental Mundo Hispano Super Featherweight title, and won the Interim WBC Youth Championship in the same category, after defeating rough Jose Luis Tula in front of his home crowd in Corona, California.
“Desert Storm” Timothy Ray Bradley Jr. (9-0, 5 KOs) obtained the vacant WBC Youth Welterweight Championship after defeating Francisco Rincon in a 10 round unanimous decision, in the co main event of a boxing night dubbed “Double Trouble”.
Lopez, from Riverside, CA, was a high school cross country star that got offered a scholarship to attend San Diego University but he followed his boxing dreams. He had over 70 amateur bouts and won titles in the Jr. Golden Gloves, the Blue and Gold, and Jr. Olympics tournaments.
Lopez has a combination of punching power and continuous attack. He is a busy puncher and a vicious finisher. Josesito, as his family calls him, is currently attending Riverside Community College and would like to obtain a degree in Physical Science.
Jose Lopez, like many other young prospects, looks up to fighters like Felix “Tito” Trinidad and Erik Morales. “I like to finish guys up like Tito did,” said Lopez. His family supports his pugilist dreams. His mother attends every fight, prays during the round breaks, and cheers wildly for her son when the bell rings again. His father believes firmly on his son, “my dad has more confidence in me that I have in myself,” said Josesito. “The day I become a world champion it will for them.”
Bradley, from Palm Springs, CA, was a noted amateur boxer whose dream was to make it to the Olympics. He compiled an incredible amateur record of 140 bouts that took him to France, Germany and England. However, his dream was cut short after new rules combined weight classes, which forced Bradley to fight taller and heavier opponents.
Bradley has lightning fast hands and the capacity to adjust to any boxing style. Under the small-framed Bradley, standing at 5 feet 6 inches tall, is a powerful knock out punch, a well-cultivated body and an incredible will to prepare for any obstacles.
Timothy looks up to Roy Jones Jr., Shane Mosley and Zab Judah. His dream of becoming a champion began at 10 years old. Because of his great physical condition coaches in high school wanted to make a football player out of Bradley, but he had set his target on boxing and started to develop a technique that pleases fans and upsets opponents. “I want to go all the way to the top, that is my goal in life,” said Bradley.
Jose Lopez and Timothy Ray Bradley are promoted exclusively by Thompson Boxing. They are main attractions and are now considered a hot commodity in the Southern California area. Fans from all over the state come to see them and they always get their monies worth after a night with Josesito and the Desert Storm.
Latest Boxing News
- Ryan Garcia reveals why Manny Pacquiao failed to happen
- Canelo Alvarez – Avni Yildirim – weights from Miami
- Watch Live: Canelo vs Yildirim Weigh In Live Stream
- Wanheng Menayothin – Panya Pradabsri II In The Works For The Middle Of The Year – Repeat Or Revenge?
- Mike Tyson Looks Back On His First Fight With Frank Bruno: “I Saw White Lights”
- Eddie Hearn: Saunders could beat Canelo Alvarez
- Julio Cesar Martinez injured, pulls out of Saturday’s fight with Mcwilliams Arroyo
- Chuck Wepner: The Great Survivor
- Pardon Me: Fritzie Zivic Takes Henry Armstrong’s Welterweight Title
- Joseph Parker Vs. Junior Fa This Saturday at 1:30 a.m. ET, Live on DAZN
Next Boxing Events
- Kunkabayev vs Emurlaiev – IFL, ESPN+ – Feb. 27
- Khademi vs Ahmed – BT Sport – Feb. 27
- Canelo vs Yildirim – DAZN – Feb. 27
- Dirrell vs Davis – FOX – Feb. 27
- Martinez vs Arroyo – Postponed
- Shields vs Dicaire – FITE TV – March 5
- Rungvisai vs Sithmorseng – DAZN – March 12
- Estrada Vs Gonzalez – DAZN – March 13
- Hughes vs Hyland – IFL, ESPN+ – March 19
- Okolie vs Glowacki – DAZN, SKY – March 20
- Beterbiev vs Deines – ESPN – March 20
- Ortiz Jr vs Hooker – DAZN – March 20
- Serrano vs Bermudez – NBCSN – March 25
- Povetkin vs Whyte 2 – DAZN, SKY – March 27
- Herring vs Frampton – BT Sport, ESPN – April 3
Latest Boxing Results:
- Oscar Valdez Pulls Off a Masterful Performance
- Otto Wallin beats Dominic Breazeale, wants title shot
- Ivan Golub stops Luis Eduardo Florez in six – Boxing Results
- Richard Brewart Jr. Remains Unbeaten With MD Victory – Boxing Results
- Adrien Broner defeats Jovanie Santiago in The Comeback – Boxing Results
- Photos: Crown the Mexican King: Oscar Valdez Dethrones Berchelt!
- Photos: Broner, Wallin & Easter Jr Victorious On SHOWTIME®
- Oscar Valdez KOs Miguel Berchelt in 10th round – Boxing Results
- Photos: Avaneysan beats Kelly, closes chapter
- Berchelt – Valdez – live action from Las Vegas