By Michael Collins: Dereck Chisora (15-3, 9 KO’s) and former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (25-2, 23 KO’s) will be meeting up for their grudge match on July 14th in Upton Park, and Chisora feels that Haye won’t be able to get away from him in the small ring that they’ll be fighting in. Chisora doesn’t see Haye as a legitimate heavyweight and instead feels he’s a cruiserweight fighting in the heavyweight division.
Chisora said on Bunce’s boxing Hour “David’a puppet. I’ll let him sell the fight. Haye’s my puppet. I’ll leave it to David. He’s never fought anyone like me. I know for a fact he’s a cruiserweight. He’s going to be 15 ½ stone. He’s going to try and use speed to run away. Too bad we’re using a small ring this time. There’s nowhere to run, and he’s going to get it. He’s going to get it…I just hope David comes ready because I’m going to be ready.”
Let’s hope that Chisora will be ready because he can’t afford yet another loss at this point in his career. Chisora has lost three out of his last four fights, and it’s critical that he not suffer yet another defeat. Chisora had an excuse for his loss to Robert Helenius in that he fought well enough to get the win, but was perhaps jobbed out of the decision. However, there’s no excuse for Chisora coming into his fight against Tyson Fury 20 pounds overweight at 260 lbs.
If he had medical problems that got in the way of his training then he should have cancelled the fight. But it was insane for Chisora to come into such an important fight like in such poor condition. Fury ended up easily beating Chisora by a 12 round unanimous decision. In Chisora’s last fight against WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitsachko last February, Chisora was dominated by the 6’7” Vitali, losing the fight by a 12 round unanimous decision. Chisora fought well but he wasn’t able to put his punches together to win more than a small handful of rounds against the injured Vitali. The fight likely would have been a lot more one-sided had Vitali not injured his left shoulder early in the fight. Vitali was forced to use his right hand from the 3rd round on to win the fight.
Haye hasn’t fought since losing to IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko last year in July. Haye didn’t have the size or the strength to compete with Wladimir.
Latest Boxing News
- “Gervonta Davis can put you to sleep with either hand,” Floyd Mayweather
- “We Gotta Clean This Sport Of Boxing Up,” Says Floyd Mayweather – “It’s Too Many Belts”
- The Erik Morales – McCullough War: A Fight Wayne McCullough Says He’d Have Won Had It Been 15 Rounds
- Carlos Cuadras battles Juan Francisco Estrada this Friday night
- Carlos Takam Enters The Tyson Fury Picture
- Teofimo Lopez Not Buying Vasyl Lomachenko’s Shoulder Injury “Excuse”
- Bob Arum confident Crawford vs. Brook will be shown in UK on Nov.14
- Is It Too Late For Evgeny Romanov To Make It Big In The Heavyweight Division?
- Lomachenko fought Teofimo with injured shoulder, had surgery on Monday
- Leo Santa Cruz ready to prove doubters wrong against Tank Davis
From The Boxing Forums
- Dave Allen vs Christopher Lovejoy
- Juan Francisco Estrada Romero vs. Carlos Roberto Cuadras Quiroa II
- Julie Lederman's 119-109 Card - Was it Fair, Crazy, Corrupt?
- Muhammad Ali vs Alexander Povetkin
- WBC champion Tyson Fury 'has his sights set on former Anthony Joshua opponent Carlos Takam?
- Román Alberto González Luna vs. Israel González
- Teofimo Lopez calls Lomachenko a “basic fighter” and “expected more from him”
- Manny Pacquiao went nearly a decade before winning a decision on American soil
- Teofemale Lopez Enters ESPN's P4P Ranking At #5...
- So, Lomachenko Took 5 Rounds Off A Prime KO Artist With 1 Good Shoulder. Now That's Impressive!
Latest Boxing Results:
- Teofimo Lopez dominates Vasily Lomachenko, Arum furious at judge
- Photos: Lopez Jr. upsets Lomachenko, Edgar Berlanga Goes 15 for 15
- Teofimo Lopez beats Vasily Lomachenko – Boxing Results
- Michael McKinson and Jay Harris both win – Boxing results
- Lewis Ritson defeats Vazquez – Boxing Results
- Robin Krasniqi upsets Bösel, Peter Kadiru defeats Gorst – Boxing Results
- KO Wins In Canada For David Lemieux and Arslanbek Makhmudov
- Liam Williams obliterates Robinson, wants Andrade – Boxing Results
- Maxi Hughes beats Viktor Kotochigov – Boxing Results
- Emanuel Navarrete decisions Ruben Villa to capture WBO 126-lb title – Boxing Results