31.01.08 – The Donofrio Boxing “FIRE & ICE” card that was to feature Detroit’s two hottest lightweights, scheduled for Friday, February 1 at the Palace of Auburn Hills, Michigan, was dealt a blow this week when undefeated Vernon “The Iceman” Paris announced he had suffered a hand injury..
Paris (17-0, 12 KOs) was scheduled to face Mexican veteran Roberto Valenzuela in the eight-round main event Friday, but is now forced to withdraw. Taking his place on top of the show will be his bitter rival, also undefeated Lanardo “Pain Server” Tyner (18-0, 10 KOs).
Promoter Joseph Donofrio says that while the loss of Paris is a disappointment, what’s left is still a very solid night of boxing for the fight-hungry Motown fans. “Lanardo Tyner never even asks who he’s fighting. He just says ‘get me a fight.’ We had him paired up with a guy (Panama’s Victorio Abadia) who is 22-6-2 with 8 knockouts before we had matched any of the four-round fights on the undercard! For a kid who is looking at a big-money showdown with Vernon Paris later this year, that’s a pretty impressive opponent to take on. That’s the kind of fighter Lanardo is.”
In addition to Tyner’s battle with Abadia, Detroit’s undefeated middleweight knockout artist Brian “The Lion” Mihtar will return for a six-round scrap with Ukraine’s Mikhall Lyubarsky.
Also scheduled for the undercard are Michigan veterans Bernard Harris and Chris Grays in a welterweight battle; a super lightweight double-pro debut between Sterling Heights, Michigan’s Luigi Gjokaj and St. John’s, Michigan’s Angel Mondujano; the super featherweight pro debut of Kingsville, Ontario’s Anna Jayne Mc Neil vs. Tennessee’s Melinda Woody and a super lightweight four-rounder between Brant, Michigan’s Cory Hall and West Palm Beach, Florida’s Howard Davis Jr.-trained Trevor Latulas.
Known for going the extra mile in his well-attended shows, Donofrio says he’ll also have live entertainment and a high-energy dance troupe performing for the fans.
“We’ve still got a top-quality night of boxing going on and the thousands in attendance will most certainly get their money’s worth. Watching Lanardo Tyner and the relentless way he overpowers his opponents will make for an excellent preview of the Tyner-Paris fight. In all, we’re very proud to be putting on a show that’s so packed with local talent.”
Premium tickets for “FIRE & ICE” are priced at $85.00 front row, $75.00 ringside, $50.00 VIP and $25.00 reserved, and are on sale now at www.palacenet.com, The Palace Box Office and all Ticketmaster locations. For more information, visit www.donofrioboxing.com. Doors will open on fight night at 6:30 pm. The action starts at 7:30 pm.
Latest Boxing News
- Watch Live: Canelo vs Yildirim Weigh In Live Stream
- Wanheng Menayothin – Panya Pradabsri II In The Works For The Middle Of The Year – Repeat Or Revenge?
- Mike Tyson Looks Back On His First Fight With Frank Bruno: “I Saw White Lights”
- Eddie Hearn: Saunders could beat Canelo Alvarez
- Julio Cesar Martinez injured, pulls out of Saturday’s fight with Mcwilliams Arroyo
- Chuck Wepner: The Great Survivor
- Pardon Me: Fritzie Zivic Takes Henry Armstrong’s Welterweight Title
- Joseph Parker Vs. Junior Fa This Saturday at 1:30 a.m. ET, Live on DAZN
- Canelo Makes Pit Stop in Quest for 168-Pound Supremacy
- PPV bound: Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos on Tyson – Holyfield exhibition card
Next Boxing Events
- Scardina vs Nunez – DAZN – Feb. 26
- Parker Vs Fa – DAZN – Feb. 27
- Kunkabayev vs Emurlaiev – IFL, ESPN+ – Feb. 27
- Khademi vs Ahmed – BT Sport – Feb. 27
- Canelo vs Yildirim – DAZN – Feb. 27
- Dirrell vs Davis – FOX – Feb. 27
- Martinez vs Arroyo – Postponed
- Shields vs Dicaire – FITE TV – March 5
- Rungvisai vs Sithmorseng – DAZN – March 12
- Estrada Vs Gonzalez – DAZN – March 13
- Hughes vs Hyland – IFL, ESPN+ – March 19
- Okolie vs Glowacki – DAZN, SKY – March 20
- Beterbiev vs Deines – ESPN – March 20
- Ortiz Jr vs Hooker – DAZN – March 20
- Serrano vs Bermudez – NBCSN – March 25
Latest Boxing Results:
- Oscar Valdez Pulls Off a Masterful Performance
- Otto Wallin beats Dominic Breazeale, wants title shot
- Ivan Golub stops Luis Eduardo Florez in six – Boxing Results
- Richard Brewart Jr. Remains Unbeaten With MD Victory – Boxing Results
- Adrien Broner defeats Jovanie Santiago in The Comeback – Boxing Results
- Photos: Crown the Mexican King: Oscar Valdez Dethrones Berchelt!
- Photos: Broner, Wallin & Easter Jr Victorious On SHOWTIME®
- Oscar Valdez KOs Miguel Berchelt in 10th round – Boxing Results
- Photos: Avaneysan beats Kelly, closes chapter
- Berchelt – Valdez – live action from Las Vegas