Amir Khan is planning the biggest birthday party ever against Graham Earl on Saturday 8th December in front of a sell out crowd. In excess of 7,000 tickets have been snapped up for his Commonwealth Lightweight title defence against former champion Graham Earl at the Bolton Arena. And with the fight falling on the same day as Khan’s 21st birthday, it will be an electric atmosphere inside the arena ..
“Beating Graham Earl will be the best birthday present in the world,” said Khan, 14-0. “And the fact I will be doing it in front of all my fans makes it even better.”
Promoter Frank Warren reacted to the huge demand for tickets by installing 500 extra seats, and, when they sold out within hours, an extra 200. But supply soon out-stripped demand.
“Amir has sold out shows up and down the country, so it was no surprise this one proved popular,” said Warren. “It’s a fantastic fight between two guys who are really up for it.
“Amir has got a real test in the form of Earl. This could be fight of the year, and I’m delighted so many people will be there to see it.”
For those who haven’t got tickets, the only place to watch the show is on ITV, which has announced over three hours of programming around the event.
Action will commence on ITV4 at 7.40pm, before switching to ITV1 at 9.55pm for Khan’s fight.
Meanwhile, Earl has revealed that he has personally sold more than 1,000 tickets, and will enjoy massive support from his dedicated Luton following.
“My fans will turn the Bolton Arena into a little bit of Luton,” said Earl. “They’ll be roaring me to victory.”
With interest in the fight growing by the day, it has been announced that Khan and Earl will pose for fans on the steps of the historic Bolton Town Hall on Thursday 6th December, after the final head-to-head press conference.
Khan will also be giving away 100 signed copies of his 2008 calendar to fans.
Latest Boxing News
- Tributes Pour In For Nicky Booth, Who Has Died Aged 40
- Jospeh Parker eyes Joyce and Chisora… and vows to never pull out of a fight again!
- Thurman reached out to Arum for Crawford fight
- Sergey Kovalev vs. Bektemir Melikuziev moved to Indio, CA on Jan.30th
- Chris Eubank Jr Vs. Ryota Murata: Who Wins?
- Arum/Hearn Working On Top Rank Vs. Matchroom Fighters Under-Card For Fury vs Joshua
- 45 Years Ago: When Hagler Dropped A Decision To Watts…
- Ryan Garcia confident Gervonta Davis fight gets made
- Alexander Povetkin faces Dillian Whyte in rematch on March 6th
- Jamel Herring vs Carl Frampton on Feb. 27 in London
From The Boxing Forums
- Wilder vs. Whyte: who would win?
- Adrien Broner vs Michel Rivera in the works for February 13th
- Chris Byrd: "I'm making a comeback at middleweight, Golovkin is the fight I want!"
- Alexander Povetkin vs Dillian Whyte II is set for March 6th
- Anthony Joshua vs Mihai Nistor the rematch
- What is Anthony Joshua's best performance?
- If whyte never got a 2 year ban he would have knocked out joshua
- Bob Arum has declared that they have now secured a location for Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua.
- *** Kirks Championships *** | 2021 Boxing Prediction League
- Tyson Fury will beat all three types of opponents thus cementing himself as an ATG
Latest Boxing Results:
- Fight Night Results From Ghana: Quaye, Dorgbetor & Aduku Win
- Photos: Ryan Garcia destroys Campbell, captures interim WBA 135lb title
- Ryan Garcia KOs Campbell – Boxing Results
- Garcia vs Campbell Live Fight Night Results, Photos & Quotes From Dallas
- Kazuto Ioka Looks Sensational In Stopping Kosei Tanaka – A Japanese Super Fight With Naoya Inoue Next?
- After First-Round KO Loss To Montiel, Surely The End For James Kirkland
- David O. Morrell destroys Gavronski, James Kirkland with KO Loss – Boxing Results
- Canelo vs. Callum Smith post-fight analysis
- Ilunga Makabu Stops Olanrewaju Durodola In Slugfest – Boxing Results
- Canelo Alvarez Dominates Smith – Boxing Results