By Per Ake Persson: April 29, Berlin, Germany: Lightheavy Ali Yilderim stopped veteran trialhorse Ramdane Kaouane in the fourth of a scheduled eight-rounder that topped the bill at the Universal Hall. Kaouane was floored in the fourth and it was stopped at 1:50. Yilderim was originally to have fought Isidore Janvier..
Marco Schulze won a workmanlike unanimous decision over Sebastian Mollner over six in a fight made at 160.
Heavyweight Francesco Pianeta stopped Czech Ervin Slonka in the second of a scheduled four-rounder. Pianeta was born in Italy but grew up in Germany and is signed to Sauerland Event. He shows promise.
April 28, Potsdam, Germany: Latvian Jurijs Boreiko knocked out Swedish middle Tonton Semakala in the second of a scheduled six-rounder on Elite Boxing´s promotion at the Blue Box. Boreiko took it to the Swede, who was 15-0 coming in but was coming off a three-year layoff, and rattled him a left. Semakala recovered but got caught again in the second and was counted out.
Swedish welter Vatche Wartanian unanimously outscored Slovakian Vladimir Tazik over eight. It was scored 80-71 on all cards. Tazik was down in the second.
Latvian heavy Edgar Kalnars outscored big Slovakian Vlado Szabo over eight.
German lightheavy Mathias Kempe appeared to be headed for an easy win against Richard Remen but was stunned by a left hook and badly cut on the nose. He still won clearly on points after six.
The next Elite Boxing promotion takes place June 2 – a step from the last Friday of every month concept but this is because lightheavy Kai Kurzawa fights Stipe Drews May 27. Kurzawa is trained by Elite´s trainer Paddy Fitzpatrick.
Supermiddle Danilo Haussler could be in against Croatian Stepjan Bozic on the Beyer vs Bikai show May 13 in Zwickau.
WBA mandatory 147 lb challenger Oktay Urkal is still waiting for a decision on his next move.
WBA 175 lb champ Fabrice Tiozzo will take part in a ten-round non-title fight July 15 in Le Cannet. Former EBU supermiddle champ Jackson Chanet will be featured on the undercard. Promoter Michel Acaries is looking to do a rematch with Russian Mger Mkrtchian come December in France.
Polish lightheavy Dawid Kostecki takes on decent Frenchman Rachid Kanfouah May 6 for the vacant IBC title in Krosno in what is first of the four scheduled Hammer Knockout Promotions that will keep on going through the World Cup in Soccer – a brave move although Poland failed to qualify. May 20 heavyweight Tomasz Bonin defends the IBC belt and is looking to add the WBF title to his collection. June 11 lightweight Matt Zegan headlines in what reportedly could be a WBC eliminator. July 1 jr welter Rafael Jackiewicz, who saw his US debut fall through at the last moment when the designed opponent pulled out after the weighin, takes centerstage possibly in a EBA titlefight. As for Hammer Knockout´s highest ranked fighter, cruiser Krzystof Wlodarczyk plans are at the moment uncertain. There could be some kind of deal with Don King to help open doors to a possible titleshot.
Latest Boxing News
- Jamel Herring wants unification match if victorious against Carl Frampton
- Roy Jones Jr volunteers for Oscar De La Hoya fight on July 3
- Latest Episode Of Mike Tyson’s ‘Hot Boxin’ Really A Must-See – Leonard, Hearns, Mosley In The Studio
- Demond Nicholson Interview: “I Will Take Edgar Berlanga To The Dark Places I’ve Been To”
- April 2001 – When Two British Boxing Giants Came Crashing Down
- Thurman reacts to Danny Garcia calling him out at 154
- WATCH LIVE: Frampton vs Herring Weigh In Live Stream
- Keith Thurman coming back in the summer, wants a big fight
- The Return of Donnie Nietes
- Rafael Ruelas The Latest Big Name To Want To Come Back, Targets De La Hoya Rematch
Next Boxing Events
- Herring vs Frampton – Channel 5, ESPN+ – April 3
- Benn vs Vargas – DAZN, SKY – April 10
- Ennis vs Lipinets – Showtime – April 10
- Smith vs Vlasov – ESPN, BoxNation – April 10
- Machado vs Romero – IFL, ESPN+ – April 16
- Harrison vs Perrella – FOX – April 17
- Lemieux vs Landaeta *** Postponed ***
- Andrade vs Williams – SKY, DAZN – April 17
- Franklin vs Shaw – NBC Sports Network – April 22
- Hardy vs Camara – UFC Fight Pass – April 23
- Navarrete vs Diaz – ESPN – April 24
- Munguia vs Sulecki – DAZN – April 24
- Conlan vs Baluta Jr – ESPN+ – April 30
- Chisora vs Parker – Sky, DAZN – May 1
- Lara vs LaManna – FOX – May 1
Latest Boxing Results:
- Tim Tszyu Scores Impressive 5th Round Stoppage Over Dennis Hogan
- Zach Parker Claims WBO Strap – Boxing Results
- Lennox Clarke Crowned British & Commonwealth King – Boxing Results
- Whyte crushes Povetkin in massacre in Gibraltar – Boxing Results
- Dillian Whyte Gets Revenge, Stops Povetkin In Fourth Round!
- Fabio Wardley Scores Fifth Round KO Over Eric Molina – Boxing Results
- Nick Webb Demolishes Erik Pfeifer In Two Rounds – Boxing Results
- Patel stops Kisarawe, Tetteh overcomes Haruna – Boxing Results
- Povetkin vs Whyte 2 – live results and photos
- Amanda Serrano Puts On Brilliant Performance With KO Win Over Bermudez – Boxing Results