Tomasz Adamek, 46-2, 28 KO’s, will defend his IBF North American Heavyweight title on Saturday afternoon, September 8th at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ when he takes on Travis Walker, 39-7-1, 31 KO’s. The fight is also a voluntary eliminator for the #2 IBF heavyweight position.
Tickets go on sale 11AM tomorrow. Tickets priced at $180 ringside, $105, and $55 are available through Ticketmaster: online at www.ticketmaster.com; Charge-by-phone: 1-800-745-3000; Ticketmaster Express 866-448-7849; and Ticketmaster ticket centers. Tickets are also available at Prudential Center’s Box Office beginning Saturday 7/28 and www.prucenter.com.
September 8th at Newark’s Prudential Center features Tomasz Adamek vs. Travis Walker. The fight will be available in Poland on PPV. Prudential Center doors will open at 1:30PM, first fight is 2:00PM. The card is presented by Main Events in association with Peltz Boxing, and Ziggy Promotions.
Broadway Boxing coming to FIGHT NOW TV: Oosthuizen-Bryant, Monaghan-Armenta
NEW YORK, New York (July 26, 2012) – DiBella Entertainment’s popular “Broadway Boxing” series is coming to FIGHT NOW TV TM – America’s only 24-hour combat sports and entertainment channel – on August 8, live from the famed Roseland Ballroom in midtown Manhattan.
FIGHT NOW TV will air three fights, starting at 10:00 p.m. ET, and highlighted by the 12-round International Boxing Organization (IBO) super middleweight title fight between undefeated defending champion Thomas “Tommy Gun” Oosthuizen (19-0-1, 13 KOs) and challenger Rowland Bryant (16-1, 11 KOs).
“We are very excited to bring the ever popular ‘Broadway Boxing’ series, not only to our FIGHT NOW TV viewers in America, but also worldwide via our Ustream powered broadband player to all markets (subject to certain blackout restrictions) for a special price of $4.95 (USD),” said FIGHT NOW TV Co-Founder & General Manager Mike Garrow. “Lou DiBella and his team always deliver great cards under the ‘Broadway Boxing’ banner and this one on August 2 is no exception. A great night of boxing will shine on Broadway.”
South African southpaw Oosthuizen is one of the hottest 168-pound fighters in the world, ranked No. 4 by the International Boxing Federation (IBF) and The Ring Magazine, as well as No. 13 by the World Boxing Association (WBA). His most notable wins have come against Marcus Johnson, Serge Yannick, Francisco Sierra, and Aaron Pryor Jr.
Thomas “Tommy Gun” Oosthuizen
At stake for Oosthuizen against Bryant, in addition to the IBO crown, is a potential world title fight later this year against IBF champion Carl Froch. Bryant, fighting out of Altamonte Springs, Florida, is coming off an impressive technical knockout victory in the third round over three-time world title challenger Librado Andrade.
“Making Broadway Boxing available live on the internet is something that I have long been interested in,” said promoter Lou DiBella. “New technologies are developing everyday that are giving us the opportunity to broadcast our sport on a much wider horizon. I am thrilled to finally begin our efforts on Broadband, starting with this terrific show on August 2nd, featuring who we believe to be a superstar in the making in ‘Tommy Gun’. Not only will the fans in New York have the opportunity to see him, but because of our collaboration with Fight Now TV, he can be seen by fans from all over the world.”
Unbeaten WBC Continental Americas light heavyweight champion “Irish” Seanie (14-0, 9 KOs) will be showcased in the 10-round co-feature versus veteran George Armenta (14-9, 11 KOs). The wildly popular Monaghan has a rabid fan-base in Long Island, New York.
There will also be an additional six-round fight, participants to be determined, televised on FIGHT NOW TV.
“Airing Broadway Boxing live on a growing 24/7 network like Fight Now TV really helps expand our market,” said promoter Lou DiBella. “The internet has been something that I have long been interested in. New technologies are developing everyday and this arrangement with Fight Now TV also gives us the opportunity to broadcast our sport on a much wider horizon. I am thrilled to finally begin our efforts starting with this terrific show on August 2nd, featuring who we believe to be a super-star in the making in ‘Tommy Gun.’ Not only will the fans in New York have the opportunity to see him, but because of our collaboration with Fight Now TV, he can be seen by fans from all over the world.”
FIGHT NOW TV is available on Cablevision channel 464 as part of the iO Sports & Entertainment Pak!
About FIGHT NOW TV: With offices in New Jersey, Las Vegas and Toronto, FIGHT NOW TV is a cross-platform media company that creates and distributes content through its television, video on demand, and online outlets.
Founded by Channel Zero, Inc. and media entrepreneur Mike Garrow, FIGHT NOW TV launched last year as the first and only 24-hour-a-day, seven-days-a-week combat sports channel in the nation. The network’s mandate is to bring the best battles, fiercest fights and stunning knockouts to America. FIGHT NOW TV caters to fight fans of every genre, giving them a front row seat to compelling coverage of MMA, boxing, wrestling/grappling, Muay Thai, kickboxing and other combat sports. FIGHT NOW TV is the place for the best analysis, live and current events, documentaries and news coverage of the biggest PPV events and match-ups from around the globe.
FIGHT NOW TV has also enlisted one of the fight game’s biggest names to join its camp, including five-time UFC champion and MMA legend Randy Couture, who serves as both spokesperson and analyst for the channel.
Latest Boxing News
- Alexander Povetkin Recovering From Covid, Back In “Light Training”
- Claressa Shields Signs Deal With PFL, Will Compete In MMA As A Lightweight
- So Now Who’s The Best Young And Unbeaten Heavyweight Prospect?
- Daniel Jacobs now a free agent, Matchroom contract over
- Daniel Dubois: “I’m Out Of Hospital, I’ll Be Back To Prove My Doubters Wrong”
- Saunders looking past Murray, targeting Canelo vs. Smith winner
- Foreman Thinks Tyson Can Become Champ Again If He Fights “The Right Champion,” Holmes And Atlas Disagree
- Are You Thirsty For More Mike Tyson Exhibition Bouts? Tyson Says “I’d Like To Have One Every Two Months
- Johnny Nelson: Daniel Dubois showed weakness in quitting
- Joe Joyce vs Usyk II: Who Wins?
From The Boxing Forums
- DAZN wordwide unable to sign up
- POLL - Spence vs Garcia , your Pick n Predict !
- Hrgovic has said before that he wants a fight with the winner of Dubois vs Joyce.
- If Dubois didn’t get the eye injury....
- Deontay Wilder will be back "Between the first week of January and early February."
- Tyson Fury on Dubois: 'Boxing is a heart sport'
- So, now Lennox wants to come back and face Bowe
- Did Tyson Surprise You?
- Would Conor McGregor have made a decent boxer?
- Jones vs Tyson 2003
Latest Boxing Results:
- Johnny Nelson: Daniel Dubois showed weakness in quitting
- Mike Tyson – Roy Jones Jr exhibition match ends in 8-round draw – Boxing Results
- Joe Joyce Too Good For Daniel Dubois, Scores 10th Round KO Win – Boxing Results
- Joyce forces Dubois to quit on a knee in the 10th
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr Back With A Win, Halts Minda In Four Rounds – Boxing Results
- Daniel Jacobs decisions Gabe Rosado – Boxing Results
- Tony Yoka Wins Wide Decision Over Christian Hammer – Boxing Results
- Jacobs vs. Rosado – live action
- Upset In Thailand As Wanheng Menayothin Loses For The First Time; Drops To 54-1!
- Eddie Hearn raves about Alen Babic and Fabio Wardley