RENO, NV – June 20th, 2007. Let’s Get It On Promotions is pleased to announce the under card for ‘Heavy Hands’ on July 6th at the Eldorado Hotel/Casino in Reno, NV. “We are excited to bring such a dynamic under card to go along with our main event, Jesse Brinkley vs. Dallas Vargas.” Says Let’s Get It On Promotions’ Terry Lane..
“We’ve got one of the top female boxers in the country and the best local boxers fighting on July 6th. This show is a must-see!”
Maureen “The Real Million Dollar Baby” Shea (10–0–0, 5 KOs), from the Bronx, NY will be fighting in a 6 round co-feature bout. Shea was the main sparring partner for Hillary Swank in preparation for the Oscar award winning film “Million Dollar Baby.” Shea’s involvement in the movie gained international media attention and rocket launched her professional career. Shea has been predominantly fighting in her hometown of New York City, but is very excited to fight in Nevada.
A collection of local emerging fighters will also be fighting on the Heavy Hands under card.
On the card will be the rematch of what was a sensational battle that took place earlier this year. Reno’s own Jaime Rodriguez and Bayunmunkh Bayanjargal faced off in Maryland this May. The four round back-and-fourth slugfest ended in a draw, and both Rodriguez and Bayanjargal are eager to get back in the ring to determine who the better fighter is.
“We are very excited to present this rematch which we anticipate being an outright war!” Says Tommy Lane, President of Let’s Get It On Promotions.
With only a couple of fights under his belt, super middleweight Derek Hinkey (2-0-0, 2 KOs) is creating a buzz in the boxing community since turning pro in January – but he isn’t the only Hinkey on the block. Derek’s Brother Tyler will be making his professional debut on July 6th as a Heavyweight. Tyler has been competing as a top amateur for the last several years and is now prepared to become a prizefighter.
Since they were children the Hinkey brothers have been traveling the country together boxing on the amateur circuit. They are both excited to be fighting, now as pros, on the same card this summer. The Hinkey brothers made history in 2004 by being the first Native American brothers to enter the Olympic trials.
Carson City’s Michael Peralta (1-2-0) will be fighting on July 6th as well. Peralta is coming off of a 4 round, unanimous decision loss in March and is eager to fight again.
Cedric Ferguson, originally from Reno, now lives and works in Las Vegas. He has a professional record of 5-1–1 with 1 KO and is anxious to rekindle his boxing career after years of personal setbacks. This will be Ferguson’s first fight since 2002.
The press conference for this event is scheduled to take place in the Eldorado Convention Center on July 5th at 2 PM and is open to the public. The weigh ins will immediately follow.
Tickets are available at the Eldorado Box Office, 345 N Virginia Street, Reno, Nevada – (800) 648 5966 or locally at (775) 786 5700. Prices range from $25.50 to $200.50. Doors open at 6pm, first bout begins at 7pm.
All bouts subject to change.
For more information, please visit www.letsgetitonboxing.com
Latest Boxing News
- Mikey Garcia finalizing fight with Manny Pacquiao
- David Benavidez – Ronald Ellis on March 13th
- Jake Paul says Canelo Alvarez is ducking Benavidez and Andrade
- With Canelo-Saunders And Taylor-Ramirez Set, May Will Be One Massive Month For British Boxing
- Jose Ramirez, Josh Taylor to Battle for Undisputed Junior Welterweight Crown
- Caleb Plant gives Billy Joe Saunders “a good chance” of beating Canelo & wants the winner!
- Ryan Garcia Moves On From Pacquiao Dream Fight, Says He’s Working On Another Fight
- Antonio Tarver Vs. Frank Mir – What The Heck Can We Expect!?
- Tommy Fury: Jake Paul, you can fight me anytime and anywhere
- Andy Ruiz faces Chris Arreola on Fox PPV on Apr.24th
Next Boxing Events
- Bohachuk vs Adams – NBCSN – March 4
- Yoka vs Djeko – ESPN+ – March 5
- Shields vs Dicaire – FITE TV – March 5
- Lee vs Teah – Showtime – March 10
- Rungvisai vs Sithmorseng – DAZN – March 12
- Estrada Vs Gonzalez – DAZN – March 13
- Benavídez vs Ellis – Showtime – March 13
- Hughes vs Hyland – IFL, ESPN+ – March 19
- Okolie vs Glowacki – DAZN, SKY – March 20
- Beterbiev vs Deines – ESPN – March 20
- Ortiz Jr vs Hooker – DAZN – March 20
- Serrano vs Bermudez – NBCSN – March 25
- Povetkin vs Whyte 2 – DAZN, SKY – March 27
- Herring vs Frampton – BT Sport, ESPN – April 3
- Benn vs Vargas – DAZN, SKY – April 10
Latest Boxing Results:
- Kamshybek Kunkabayev wins first professional title – Boxing Results
- Daniele Scardina: New European Union champion – Boxing Results
- Pacheco defeats Rodolfo Gomez Jr. in Miami – Boxing Results
- WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman to review mandatory process following Canelo’s blowout win over Yildirim
- Yildirim got $2.5M, Canelo eight-figures for match
- Jerry “Slugger” Forrest Almost Upset “Big Bang” Zhang In “Miracle Draw”
- Canelo battered timid Yildirim
- Anthony Dirrell & Kyrone Davis Battle to Split Draw – Boxing Results
- Canelo Alvarez destroys Avni Yildirim – Boxing Results
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Avni Yildirim – live results