CORONA, CA (June 30, 2012)— WBO number-two ranked Ruslan Provodnikov scored a scintillating second round stoppage over Jose Reynoso in a scheduled ten round Jr. Welterweight bout at the Omega Products Outdoor Arena.
The bouts were seen LIVE all over America on ESPN 2 and promoted by Banner Promotions & Thompson Boxing
Reynoso tried to move in round one and showed off his awkward style from his southpaw stance.
In round two, Provodnikov started getting to Reynoso with short shots. He caught Reynoso with a huge right to the head that sent Reynoso down for referee Raul Caiz Jr.’s ten count and the bout was over at 1:52 of round two.
Provodnikov, 140 lbs of Berezov, Russia is now 22-1 with fifteen knockouts. Reynoso, 138 ½ lbs of Riverside, CA is now 16-4-1.
“This is a payoff for a long three month training camp. I spent the first two months with Manny Pacquiao”, said Provodnikov
“The priority was to work the body and finish on top. The outcome was because of the work with Manny as he moved a lot and it improved my footwork”
Christopher Martin scored two knockdowns on body shots and stopped Roberto Castaneda in round six of their scheduled eight round Super Bantamweight bout.
It was a close fight early with both guys getting in some quality offense. At the end of round five, Martin landed a perfect right to the body that sent Castaneda down to his knees for a knockdown. Martin tried to jump on Castaneda in round six. Late in that round, Martin landed a thudding left to the body that sent Castaneda down for a second time. Castaneda was up at the count of nine but the fight was stopped by referee Jerry Cantu at 2:31 of round six.
Martin, 122 lbs of Chula Vista, CA is now 24-2-3 with seven knockouts. Castaneda 120 ½ lbs of Mexico is now 20-2-1.
In the televised opener, Aaron Acevedo & Daniel Martinez fought to a majority draw in a four round Jr. Lightweight bout.
Scores were 39-37 for Martinez while that score was over ruled by two scores of 38-38.
Martinez, 130 lbs of San Bernardino, CA is 0-0-1. Acevedo, 129 lbs of Moreno Valley, CA is 1-0-1.
Oscar Godoy scored a four round unanimous decision over Roberto Crespo in a Welterweight bout.
Godoy, 146 ½ lbs of Watsonville, CA won by scores of 40-36, 40-36 and39-37 and is now 7-2. Crespo, 147 ½ lbs of Riverside, CA is now 4-2.
Latest Boxing News
- Chocolatito vs. Estrada analysis by Algieri and Vargas
- David Benavidez: I’ll stop Canelo Alvarez
- Eight Years In The Making: Roman Gonzalez-Juan Francisco Estrada II This Saturday
- Devin Haney to fight Jorge Linares on May 15th
- Thomas Hearns Vs. Dennis Andries – When “The Hitman” Destroyed “The Hackney Rock”
- Hearn Sees Similarities Between Canelo And Joshua
- Adam Kownacki vs. Robert Helenius rematch set for summer in New York
- Billy Joe Saunders vowing to beat Canelo Alvarez
- 50 Years On: The Ali-Frazier “Fight Of The Century” Still Delivers
- So How Great Was Wilfredo Benitez? 45 Years Ago Today He Made History
Next Boxing Events
- Lee vs Teah – Showtime – March 10
- Rungvisai vs Sithmorseng – DAZN – March 12
- Estrada Vs Gonzalez – DAZN – March 13
- Benavídez vs Ellis – Showtime – March 13
- Hughes vs Hyland – IFL, ESPN+ – March 19
- Okolie vs Glowacki – DAZN, SKY – March 20
- Beterbiev vs Deines – ESPN – March 20
- Ortiz Jr vs Hooker – DAZN – March 20
- Serrano vs Bermudez – NBCSN – March 25
- Povetkin vs Whyte 2 – DAZN, SKY – March 27
- Herring vs Frampton – BT Sport, ESPN – April 3
- Benn vs Vargas – DAZN, SKY – April 10
- Canelo vs Saunders – DAZN, Sky – May 8
- Ramirez vs Taylor – ESPN – May 22
Latest Boxing Results:
- Shields defeats Dicaire, Calls Out Katie Taylor And Savannah Marshall
- John Vera stops Cleotis Pendarvis In opening round – Boxing Results
- Tony Yoka beats Joel Tambwe Djeko – Boxing Results
- Brandon Adams Upsets Serhii Bohachuk – Boxing Results
- Kamshybek Kunkabayev wins first professional title – Boxing Results
- Daniele Scardina: New European Union champion – Boxing Results
- Pacheco defeats Rodolfo Gomez Jr. in Miami – Boxing Results
- WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman to review mandatory process following Canelo’s blowout win over Yildirim
- Yildirim got $2.5M, Canelo eight-figures for match
- Jerry “Slugger” Forrest Almost Upset “Big Bang” Zhang In “Miracle Draw”