Fresh off of back-to-back first round knockout victories, lightweight prospect Michael “The Artist” Perez will look to put the finishing touches on a masterpiece of a 2010 campaign when he visits the Coliseo Samuel Rodriguez in Aguas Buenas, Puerto Rico to headline TeleFutura’s “Sólo Boxeo Tecate” against fellow prospect Jose Hernandez.
In the co-main event of this stacked 11-bout card, which is presented by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Promociones Miguel Cotto and H2 Entertainment, Las Piedras’ unbeaten Luis Cruz takes on Managua’s Wilfredo Acuña in an eight round featherweight ..
The December 10th edition of “Sólo Boxeo Tecate” is sponsored by Cerveza Tecate. Doors open at 6:00pm, the first bell rings at 7:00pm and the TeleFutura broadcast begins at 11:30pm ET / PT (10:30pm CT). Fans at home can also be part of the action by voting for the fighter in the main event who displayed the most character during the telecast by sending a text message to 55333.
Tickets, priced at $35, $25 and $12, are on sale now by calling 787-792-5000 or by visiting Ticketcenter at www.tcpr.com.
A native of Newark, New Jersey, Michael “The Artist” Perez (10-0-1, 5 KO’s) has used 2010 as the launching point for what he believes is a world title run in the upcoming years. Just 20 years old, Perez has gone 4-0 this year, decisioning Sergi Ganjelashvili and unbeaten Francisco Reyes before blasting out Jorge Ruiz and Hevinson Herrera in less than a round each. This Friday, Perez aims to finish the year with another emphatic victory.
Talented Fort Worth, Texas product Jose “Loco” Hernandez (10-3, 4 KO’s) is looking to recapture the form that had him pegged as a top prospect before a two year layoff slowed his progress. A former WBC Youth Super Featherweight Champion, the 23-year-old Hernandez owns wins over Juan Garcia and Noe “Plantanitos” Bolaños and he’s ready for whatever Perez will throw at him on fight night.
Luis “El Artesano” Cruz (16-0, 13 KO’s) is on his way to the top and taking names on his way there. Currently boasting a four -fight knockout streak, Cruz has already won the WBC USNBC and WBO Latino titles over the course of his three year career and is coming off of his biggest win to date, a sixth round TKO of Hevinson Herrera in August.
Nicaraguan southpaw Wilfredo Acuña (14-7, 11 KO’s) is a hard-hitting test for any up and coming fighter. A five-year pro, Acuña followed a three fight string of regional title fights with an impressive seventh round TKO of Matias Garcia in April, setting the stage for his meeting with hot prospect Luis Cruz.
Time permitting, this week’s broadcast will also feature separate bouts with New York’s future star Eddie Gomez (1-0, 1 KO) against an opponent to be determined in a four round junior middleweight bout.
Also seeing action on Friday night will be Aguas Buenas’ own lightweight Abner Cotto (9-0, 4 KO’s) against San Juan’s Alberto Trinidad (5-6-1, 2 KO’s) in an eight round clash.
For more information, visit www.goldenboypromotions.com, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GoldenBoyBoxing, www.twitter.com/realmiguelcottoor visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GoldenBoyBoxing.
Latest Boxing News
- Mikaela Mayer faces Ewa Brodnicka on Inoue vs. Moloney card on Oct.31
- Murat Gassiev Vs. Kevin Johnson On October 31?
- Dereck Chisora Says He’s “Stronger” Than Joshua, Fury, Whyte, Wilder
- Can Cruiserweight King Mairis Briedis Make It As A Heavyweight?
- Terence Crawford Turns 33 – At 36-0, “Bud” Still In Need Of His Defining Fight
- Kenny Norton: The Fighter Muhammad Ali Was Never Able To Master
- WBSS Champ Mairis Briedis returns to Latvia with the Ali Trophy
- “Irish” Micky Ward: One of boxing’s most beloved ring warriors
- Pablo Valdez keen on ring return, reflects on COVID’s effect on his career
- 40 Years Ago Today: Marvin Hagler’s Brutal Coronation
From The Boxing Forums
- Seeing all the chaos of current HW division today..shows you how good Wlad was
- The Charlo Bros are the real deal
- (BREAKING) Mikey Garcia Confirms Manny Pacquiao Fight Is Next...
- Most badass moments I've seen in boxing ring
- Tyson Fury would beat Mike Tyson
- Hrgovic or Dubois
- Lomachenko is getting up there in age
- Terence Crawford versus Josh Taylor at 147
- Is Ike Ibeabuchi the most physically gifted heavyweight since Ali?
- Does Jermall beat anyone but Canelo at 160?
Latest Boxing Results:
- And The Nastiest KO Of The Night Award Goes To ….Filip Hrgovic!
- Casimero Retains WBO Bantam Title With Quick Win Over Micah – Boxing Results
- Jermell Charlo KOs Jeison Rosario in 8th round – Boxing Results
- Photos: Jermell Charlo KOs Jeison Rosario; Jermall Charlo defeats Derevyanchenko
- Jermall Charlo decisions Derevyanchenko – Boxing Results
- Josh Taylor Destroys Khongsong In A Round With Brutal Body Shot -Boxing Results
- Mairis Briedis wins the Ali Trophy After Enthralling Final – Boxing Results
- Photos: Taylor Blows Out Khongsong in 1 Round
- Mario Cazares Stuns Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. – Boxing Results
- Bohachuk Wins In Mexico; Reyes stops Rodriguez – Boxing Results