LOS ANGELES (October 30, 2010) – It will be a lollapalooza of a show when Zab “Super” Judah takes on heavy handed Argentine knock out artist Lucas Matthysse on Saturday, November 6th when the “Brick City Boxing Series” returns to Newark’s Prudential Center. A total of ten supporting undercard fights are scheduled by promoters Main Events, Golden Boy Promotions and Super Judah Promotions. Fans who want to catch all of the action will want to arrive early, as the first bout is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m.
Returning Prudential Center stars Mariusz Wach of Krakow, Poland, also known as “The
Polish Giant;” Brooklyn’s US Olympic standout Sadam Ali, Newark Light Heavyweight Angel Concepcion and Middletown Junior Lightweight Tyrone Luckey are scheduled to appear. Making their first trip to the Newark boxing mecca will be Long Island Junior Lightweight Mike Brooks and Newark’s Mike Perez. All are scheduled to fight prior to the HBO televised card which begins at 11 p.m.
Standing 6’7″, Mariusz Wach, who recently emigrated to North Bergen, NJ, will put his 22-0 record on the line when he literally goes face to face with 6’7″ Kevin Burnett. Fighting out of Augusta, Georgia, Burnett has a professional record of 13-4-1. A bit of an underachiever in the pro ranks, Burnett may be getting his last chance to put his career back on track in front of the Pru Center crowd.
Local fans keep coming back to “The Rock” to follow the 9-0, 5 KO former amateur standout, Sadam Ali. They won’t be disappointed as Ali, a member of the 2008 US Olympic Boxing Team, is scheduled to take on tough Gary Bergeron, (12-6, 7KO’s) of New Orleans in an eight round bout.
Returning to his hometown arena after scoring a unanimous decision in his Newark debut in July, Angel Concepcion (2-0) will face Philadelphia’s Maurice Amaro in a 4-round light heavyweight scrap.
Unbeaten in 10 pro bouts, Mike Perez (9-0-1, 4 KOs) will fight in Newark for the first time as a professional on November 6. Over the last two years, he has traveled to fight in California, Texas, Nevada and New York, taking out all comers along the way. On November 6, he comes home to battle Hevinson Herrera (14-6-1, 12 KO’s) a five-year veteran who is intent on spoiling Perez’ homecoming party.
Hard-hitting Cincinnati cyclone Adrien “The Problem” Broner (17-0, 14 KO’s) has certainly been a problem for his professional opponents, especially the nine that he has halted in three rounds or less. On November 6, he will face his toughest challenge yet in Ilido Julio (40-19-1, 35 KO’s) an equally powerful foe who has earned respect throughout the boxing world.
21-year old Quebec native Mikael Zewski (4-0, 3 KO’s) has drawn rave reviews for his amateur exploits and for his poise and power as a professional. He will make his Golden Boy Promotions debut at Prudential Center against Philly battler Ardrick “The Hitman” Butler (5-2, 2 KO’s), who has won five of his last six bouts and looks to continue that streak against Zewski.
Junior lightweight Brooks will make his third appearance in the pro ranks against another Philadelphia native, Kwayne Hill; Junior lightweight Luckey will return to Newark after making his pro debut there in August vs. Alex Montes of San Juan, PR.
** All bouts subject to change.
Zab Judah vs. Lucas Matthysse, a twelve round NABO junior welterweight championship and IBF #2 position elimination bout, is presented by Golden Boy Promotions, Main Events and Super Judah Promotions and sponsored by Cerveza Tecate and DeWalt Tools. Former Three-Time World Champion Robert Guerrero takes on 2004 U.S. Olympian and top rated contender Vicente Escobedo in a ten round vacant WBO Intercontinental lightweight in the evening’s co-featured bout. The HBO Boxing After Dark telecast begins at 11:15pm ET / PT.
Tickets are still available: Priced at $53, $78, $103 and $253 (ringside) can be purchased at Prudential Center Box Office, by calling TicketMaster at 800-745-3000 or www.Prucenter.com.
For more information, visit www.goldenboypromotions.com, www.mainevents.com, follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/GoldenBoyBoxing, http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Totowa-NJ/Main-Events/76572871323?ref=ts or on Twitter www.twitter.com/GoldenBoyBoxing.
Latest Boxing News
- Mikey Garcia finalizing fight with Manny Pacquiao
- David Benavidez – Ronald Ellis on March 13th
- Jake Paul says Canelo Alvarez is ducking Benavidez and Andrade
- With Canelo-Saunders And Taylor-Ramirez Set, May Will Be One Massive Month For British Boxing
- Jose Ramirez, Josh Taylor to Battle for Undisputed Junior Welterweight Crown
- Caleb Plant gives Billy Joe Saunders “a good chance” of beating Canelo & wants the winner!
- Ryan Garcia Moves On From Pacquiao Dream Fight, Says He’s Working On Another Fight
- Antonio Tarver Vs. Frank Mir – What The Heck Can We Expect!?
- Tommy Fury: Jake Paul, you can fight me anytime and anywhere
- Andy Ruiz faces Chris Arreola on Fox PPV on Apr.24th
Next Boxing Events
- Bohachuk vs Adams – NBCSN – March 4
- Yoka vs Djeko – ESPN+ – March 5
- Shields vs Dicaire – FITE TV – March 5
- Lee vs Teah – Showtime – March 10
- Rungvisai vs Sithmorseng – DAZN – March 12
- Estrada Vs Gonzalez – DAZN – March 13
- Benavídez vs Ellis – Showtime – March 13
- Hughes vs Hyland – IFL, ESPN+ – March 19
- Okolie vs Glowacki – DAZN, SKY – March 20
- Beterbiev vs Deines – ESPN – March 20
- Ortiz Jr vs Hooker – DAZN – March 20
- Serrano vs Bermudez – NBCSN – March 25
- Povetkin vs Whyte 2 – DAZN, SKY – March 27
- Herring vs Frampton – BT Sport, ESPN – April 3
- Benn vs Vargas – DAZN, SKY – April 10
Latest Boxing Results:
- Kamshybek Kunkabayev wins first professional title – Boxing Results
- Daniele Scardina: New European Union champion – Boxing Results
- Pacheco defeats Rodolfo Gomez Jr. in Miami – Boxing Results
- WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman to review mandatory process following Canelo’s blowout win over Yildirim
- Yildirim got $2.5M, Canelo eight-figures for match
- Jerry “Slugger” Forrest Almost Upset “Big Bang” Zhang In “Miracle Draw”
- Canelo battered timid Yildirim
- Anthony Dirrell & Kyrone Davis Battle to Split Draw – Boxing Results
- Canelo Alvarez destroys Avni Yildirim – Boxing Results
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Avni Yildirim – live results