31.08.06 – Aaron King — After some speculation, it was announced Thursday that Ricky Hatton will relinquish his WBA welterweight title to fight for the IBF light-welterweight title the Associated Press reports. Hatton (41-0, 30 KOs) originally won the IBF belt back in 2005 after defeating Kostya Tszyu before giving it up to make the move to 147. After winning a controversial decision over Luis Collazo, it was rumored that this move was imminent. Hatton will fight Columbian IBF champ Juan Urango on Dec. 9, while a date with Jose Luis Castillo is in his sights, according to his promoter Dennis Hobson.
- Dmitry Bivol vs Joe Smith Jr live on DAZN
- Bob Arum Plans To Bring Vasyl Lomachenko To The UK To Fight Anthony Crolla This Summer
- Adrien Broner quotes for Manny Pacquiao fight this Sat. on SHOWTIME PPV
- Crawford vs Khan Official – LIVE on ESPN PPV – April 20
- 20 Years On: Recalling The Mike Tyson/Frans Botha Clash
- Tyson Fury Hopes To Squeeze In Homecoming Fight Before Wilder Rematch; Not Concerned If Wilder Return Doesn’t Happen
- George Foreman Vs. Gerry Cooney: A Look Back At A Ridiculed Blast From The Past
- Wladimir Klitschko Calls Talk Of His Coming Back “An Early April Fool’s Day Joke”
- Demetrius Andrade: Being Active Will Make Me Even Better
- Pacquiao vs. Broner on SHOWTIME PPV this Saturday, Jan.19
Previous boxing news: Attention Boxing Fans – MSG Network Tonight 8PM
Next boxing news: Nikolai Valuev In New York: Champ Under Constant Stress!
You are here: / Ricky Hatton Heading Back to 140