31.08.06 – Aaron King — After some speculation, it was announced Thursday that Ricky Hatton will relinquish his WBA welterweight title to fight for the IBF light-welterweight title the Associated Press reports. Hatton (41-0, 30 KOs) originally won the IBF belt back in 2005 after defeating Kostya Tszyu before giving it up to make the move to 147. After winning a controversial decision over Luis Collazo, it was rumored that this move was imminent. Hatton will fight Columbian IBF champ Juan Urango on Dec. 9, while a date with Jose Luis Castillo is in his sights, according to his promoter Dennis Hobson.
- Dmitry Bivol: I must make a statement against Jean Pascal
- Alex Saucedo and Maurice Hooker quotes for Fri.
- Keith Thurman’s Back, But He Must Defeat Errol Spence And Terence Crawford To Prove He’s Still Top Dog At ’47
- Freddie Roach, Tipping Fury To Defeat Wilder, Will Work Tyson’s Corner On Dec. 1st
- Welterweight News: Thurman’s Return Set, Porter To Face Uganis – and Spence-Garcia Official
- Errol Spence Jr. vs. Mikey Garcia on March 16 – Full FOX Sports Boxing Schedule & Dates
- Gilberto Ramirez-Jesse Hart 2 to Headline ESPN+ Card in Corpus Christi December 14
- VIDEO: Oleksandr Usyk – Can he succeed at heavyweight?
- Amir Khan-Kell Brook Clash Might Finally Be Set – Rehydration Clause Seems To Be Sole Sticking Point
- Who Would Make A Realistic Opponent For Oleksandr Usyk’s First Heavyweight Fight?
Previous boxing news: Attention Boxing Fans – MSG Network Tonight 8PM
Next boxing news: Nikolai Valuev In New York: Champ Under Constant Stress!
You are here: / Ricky Hatton Heading Back to 140