31.08.06 – Aaron King — After some speculation, it was announced Thursday that Ricky Hatton will relinquish his WBA welterweight title to fight for the IBF light-welterweight title the Associated Press reports. Hatton (41-0, 30 KOs) originally won the IBF belt back in 2005 after defeating Kostya Tszyu before giving it up to make the move to 147. After winning a controversial decision over Luis Collazo, it was rumored that this move was imminent. Hatton will fight Columbian IBF champ Juan Urango on Dec. 9, while a date with Jose Luis Castillo is in his sights, according to his promoter Dennis Hobson.
- Anthony Joshua vs. Alexander Povetkin: Sleeping Giants
- BoxNation: Five Live Shows including James DeGale and Joe Joyce next week!
- Jon Fernandez and O’Shaquie Foster quotes for Friday on Showtime
- Victor Ortiz and John Molina Jr. LA media quotes
- Yuriorkis Gamboa, Juanma Lopez To Co-Headline in Miami In November
- Manuel Charr Fails Drugs Test, Fres Oquendo Fight Off
- Jim Lampley’s Closing Commentary – The Fight Game: “A final word on Canelo Golovkin 2”
- Could “Money” Mayweather Possibly Go Broke? Reports Say Floyd Lost A Staggering $50 Million Gambling Last Year Alone
- With His Great Fight/Performance Against GGG, Has Canelo Regained His Good Name?
- If Floyd Mayweather Wants To Come Back, Again, Here’s The Man He Should Face: Canelo, At Middleweight!
Previous boxing news: Attention Boxing Fans – MSG Network Tonight 8PM
Next boxing news: Nikolai Valuev In New York: Champ Under Constant Stress!
You are here: / Ricky Hatton Heading Back to 140