29.04.06 – By Jim Amato: Acelino Freitas of Brazil is the new WBO lightweight champion via a razor close and debateable twelve round decision over Zahir Raheem. Each boxer came into this fight with one career defeat. Raheem lost a disputed decision to the talented Rocky Juarez. Former champion Frietas was stopped by Diego Corrales. The scoring was 115-113 for Raheem, 115-113 for Freitas and 116-112 for the new title holder, Freitas.
- Tony Bellew Says Oleksandr Usyk Is The Greatest Cruiserweight Ever – But Is He?
- Oleksandr Usyk: A Dead-Cert To Pick Up This Year’s Fighter Of The Year Award?
- Jarrell Miller is targeting a huge showdown against a British Heavyweight
- Eddie Hearn: Anthony Crolla Will Make A Fortune Against Vasyl Lomachenko And He Deserves It
- Yuriorkis Gamboa, Juanma Lopez Both Win, Set Up March/April showdown
- Usyk Too Good For Game Bellew, Now For The Heavyweights
- RESULTS: Krzysztof Glowacki and Mairis Briedis both win
- RESULTS: Oleksander Usyk defeats Tony Bellew
- RESULTS: Glowacki defeats Vlasov & Briedis decisions Mikaelian
- Carl Froch: Triple-G Just Lost To A Small Geezer; He Don’t Beat A Good Super-Middleweight Like Callum Smith
Previous boxing news: Ray Austin: The Division’s Wildcard is Forced to Show His Hand
Next boxing news: Raheem – Freitas: Acelino showed up, Raheem didn’t!
You are here: / Freitas Wins WBO Lightweight Title