31.01.04 – Former World Middleweight champion Michael Nunn was sentenced to 24 years in prison for purchasing one kilogram of cocaine with a net worth of $24,000 from a undercover agent. Nunn, now forty years old (58-4), had at one time been the holder of the IBF & WBA Middleweight and Super-Middleweight titles in the 1980s. He beat Frank Tate in 1988 to win the IBF middleweight title. Nunn defended his crown six times, but was never able to achieve the fame of fighters of the time like Sugar Ray Leonard & Marvin Hagler. Nunn lost his title in 1991 to James Toney, who beat Nunn in the 11th round before more than 10,000 fans in Davenport. Nunn has also been charged with various offenses since 1983, including drug possession, traffic violations, unlawful use of weapons, driving with a suspended license, assaulting an officer and interfering with official acts.
- Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner – Analysis, Official Prediction, Four to Explore
- WATCH: Countdown to Pacquiao – Broner – Live Stream
- Demetrius Andrade Says He Will “Destroy” Gennady Golovkin
- Pacquiao vs. Broner: Manny and the Boy who cried Wolf
- At 10-0, Can Shakur Stevenson Beat Josh Warrington?
- The Probe: Analyzing Pacquiao vs Broner
- Kubrat Pulev vs. Robert Helenius Possible For Crawford/Khan Card
- Will Mayweather / Pacquiao II Be Announced Straight After Pac-Broner Fight (If Pacquiao wins)?
- RESULTS: Rivas KOs Jennings in 12th Round; Shakur Stevenson Knocks out Rosales in 4
- RESULTS: Demetrius Andrade TKOs Artur Akavov
You are here: / Michael Nunn given 24 year prison sentence