31.01.04 – Former World Middleweight champion Michael Nunn was sentenced to 24 years in prison for purchasing one kilogram of cocaine with a net worth of $24,000 from a undercover agent. Nunn, now forty years old (58-4), had at one time been the holder of the IBF & WBA Middleweight and Super-Middleweight titles in the 1980s. He beat Frank Tate in 1988 to win the IBF middleweight title. Nunn defended his crown six times, but was never able to achieve the fame of fighters of the time like Sugar Ray Leonard & Marvin Hagler. Nunn lost his title in 1991 to James Toney, who beat Nunn in the 11th round before more than 10,000 fans in Davenport. Nunn has also been charged with various offenses since 1983, including drug possession, traffic violations, unlawful use of weapons, driving with a suspended license, assaulting an officer and interfering with official acts.
- WEEKEND SCORECARD: Fox and Outlaw Earn Victories on Inaugural HBCU Fight Card – Hernández-Harrison, Hurd, Results, Photos, More!
- VIDEO: Groves vs. Smith: Pre-Fight Documentary
- LIVE STREAM: Usyk vs Bellew – Presser
- The Night Oliver McCall, and Emanuel Steward, KO’d Lennox Lewis
- What Next For Alexander Povetkin?
- Eddie Hearn: Tyson Fury’s Never Been In A Good Fight In His Whole Career Apart From Steve Cunningham
- VIDEO: 2018 Heavyweight Championship Recap
- Tyson Fury: If I Were You, Joshua, I Would Avoid Me; I’d Jab Your Face Off!
- Shannon Briggs: I Snuck In, Y’All; I’ll Be Fighting In The UK In December
- RESULTS: Anthony Joshua Scores Brutal 7th-Round Stoppage Over A Game Alexander Povetkin
You are here: / Michael Nunn given 24 year prison sentence