14.10.03 – Following their annual convention in Moscow last week the WBC today issued their new ratings which confirms MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA as the new No. 3 in the featherweight division. BRODIE (WBC No. 2) challenges Injin Chi of Korea (WBC No. 1) this Saturday at the MEN Arena in Manchester for the vacant WBC Featherweight Championship of the World. Promoter Barry Hearn said ‘this decision by the WBC has given even more significance to this great contest. With Barrera having beaten PRINCE NASEEM HAMED so convincingly, the opportunity now for MICHAEL BRODIE is tremendous. He knows a victory over Chi on Saturday night would change his life, and the chance of a showdown with Barrera would be his promoter’s dream!”
- Vasiliy Lomachenko vs Jose Pedraza in New York City on Dec 8
- Groves vs Smith WBSS Final: Groves not worriedabout clash on Friday
- Usyk: One Reason We Have Agreed To Fight Bellew Is To Get To Joshua
- Claressa Shields faces Christina Hammer on Nov.17 on Showtime
- At Age 36, Yuriorkis Gamboa Still Believes …He Can Beat Lomachenko
- Frampton vs Warrington quotes for Dec.22
- The ‘Other Fury,’ And Why He Is Convinced He Can Beat Joshua
- Jorge Linares talks Abner Cotto fight
- Kosei Tanaka And Sho Kimura Give Us 2018’s Fight Of The Year
- WEEKEND SCORECARD: Fox and Outlaw Earn Victories on Inaugural HBCU Fight Card – Hernández-Harrison, Hurd, Results, Photos, More!
Previous boxing news: Michalczewski wants to earn 49-0 the hard way
Next boxing news: Malignaggi, Foreman, Judah and Posey Highlight “Boxing in The Bronx”
You are here: / BARRERA NEXT IN LINE FOR BRODIE?