The 2010 Commonwealth Games gold medallist aims to extend his unbeaten record in the professional ring to nine fights in Lincoln on Saturday, September 27.
Johnson expects to take plenty of support to the North Kesteven Centre – and is targeting a title challenge closer to home.
“It’s a big ambition of mine to box at York Street,” said the 28 year-old light-heavyweight.
“I would love that.
“Boston has never seen anything like that before and I’ve already talked to (promoter) Carl Greaves about it.
“I sold 200 tickets for my last fight in Lincoln and I’m sure there would be a lot of interest in a big show in Boston.”
Johnson is determined his boots won’t wreck his ambitions of bringing a belt back to his home town.
Last month, he thrashed Nathan King in front of the Sky Sports cameras – but not everything went according to plan for Johnson.
“I went out for the first round and started slipping all over the place,” he said.
“My boots wouldn’t stick to the canvas and I started thinking: ‘What am I going to do ?’ instead of concentrating on the fight.
“I still won comfortably enough – but I still need some new boots for my next fight !”
On the same night as Johnson’s next fight, Bob Ajisafe defends his British light-heavyweight title against Travis Dickinson in front of the Channel Five cameras.
Johnson isn’t far away from a major title shot following his win over King.
The Welshman was ranked in the domestic top 10 after upsetting Courtney Fry – but Johnson thrashed him and fancies his chances of beating either Ajisafe or Dickinson.
“They are both good fighters,” said Johnson, “but neither of them scares me.
“If I had six weeks to prepare for either of them, I would definitely take it.”
Tickets for the show in Boston are available from 07741-284231.