Slater: The Top-Ten Fighters In The World Today - Pound-For-Pound
27.08.06 - By James Slater: As they are from the honest opinion of a freelance writer with no axe to grind, my top ten choices for the finest boxers in the world today, pound-for-pound, are thoroughly and utterly unbiased. I have absolutely nothing to gain or lose from the following ratings. They are simply my genuine picks for the ten finest practitioners of the sweet science that are active today. As such, I believe the rankings you are about to read carry the same relevance as anyone else's.So, for now, forget Ring magazine, forget KO magazine, forget Boxing Digest magazine and forget Boxing Monthly magazine! These are the rankings according to one of Eastside Boxing's loyal contributors.
Article posted on 27.08.2006
For period ending August 27th, 2006, my top ten is as follows..
1. Floyd Mayweather - welterweight 36-0(24)
2. Manny Pacquiao - super featherweight 41-3-2(32)
3. Winky Wright - middleweight 50-3(25)
4. Rafael Marquez - bantamweight 36-3(32)
5. Jermain Taylor - middleweight 25-0(17)
6. Marco Antonio Barrera - super featherweight 62-4(42)
7. Joe Calzaghe - super middleweight 41-0(31)
8. Carlos Baldomir - welterweight 43-9-6(13)
9. Ricky Hatton - light welterweight 41-0(30)
10. Jose Luis Castillo - light welterweight 54-7-1(47)
previous article: Brisson-Jones Fight New Windup
next article: David Diaz to Appear on Univision's 'Fuerza Extra' Tonight