Boxing

Mundine outpoints Wood

By Tony Nobbs: “Garth didn’t knock me out. He woke me up” said Anthony Mundine referring to his upset ko by 5 defeat to un-fancied brawler Garth Wood last December. Last night that looked the case as Mundine turned on one of his best efforts for quite some time to avenge that defeat with a unanimous points win over ten rounds at the Brisbane Entertainment Center in Queensland.

The fight was an often scrappy but nonetheless entertaining affair with Mundine a clear winner. Wood had his moments where he swarmed the 35 year old former world champion but for the most part Mundine was able to get out of trouble and out land his 32 year old foe.

Mundine’s experience in the later rounds told as he closed the show with two knockdowns in the ninth and tenth round. It was the first time Wood had been past round seven. Mundine’s record now reads 41-4, 24 ko’s, while Wood is 10-2-1, 6 ko’s.

In the main support, cruiserweight Mostyn Niemann (3-0, 2 ko’s) scored an impressive two round stopage of ex national title challenger James Ellis (6-9, 2 ko’s).

Article posted on 14.04.2011



Bookmark and Share


previous article: Darchinyan, Perez, Mares, Agbeko quotes, Lopez vs. Salido on Saturday, More!

next article: Big Fight Week on 5 live - Amir Khan v Paul McCloskey, Gavin signs new deal with Warren, May 7th is Redemption day for Morby, Cadman and Williams










If you detect any issues with the legality of this site, problems are always unintentional and will be corrected with notification.
The views and opinions of all writers expressed on Boxing247.com do not necessarily state or reflect those of the Management.
Copyright © 2001- 2015 Boxing247.com - Privacy Policy l Contact