Boxing


Lorenzo upset over glove issue for Sturm bout

COLOGNE, GERMANY (September 3, 2010) A week’s worth of waiting in Germany for his Saturday night middleweight title showdown against WBA champion Felix Sturm has put challenger Giovanni Lorenzo in a fierce mood and Thursday’s rules meeting was the last straw.

“Sturm said last week in an interview posted on Fightnews.com that we could wear any gloves we wanted. At the rules meeting yesterday, Sturm tried to insist that we use only the gloves of his choice, Grant. As we use Everlast, it is unacceptable to make this change” said Lorenzo.

“Felix Sturm, also acting as the promoter for this event, has disrespected me from the moment I got off the plane in Germany. He made me wait at the airport for transportation that never came. He stiffed me on other basics, such as boxing accommodations that he promised to provide.”

“Contrary to what he wants people to believe about him in Germany he is not a man of his word. These actions have shown me the type of guy he really is. Come Saturday night, I’m going to make him pay and take his belt home with me.”

Article posted on 04.09.2010



Bookmark and Share


previous article: Alexander Povetkin Back In Action October 30th

next article: Thousands of Abraham fans expected for Abraham-Froch bout on October 2nd in Monaco










If you detect any issues with the legality of this site, problems are always unintentional and will be corrected with notification.
The views and opinions of all writers expressed on Boxing247.com do not necessarily state or reflect those of the Management.
Copyright © 2001- 2015 Boxing247.com - Privacy Policy l Contact