Abraham vs Dirrell Rescheduled For March 27 On SHOWTIME
LAS VEGAS (February 19, 2010)—Super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell injured his back earlier this week while sparring in Las Vegas, preventing him from training for his upcoming Super Six World Boxing Classic super middleweight showdown with Arthur Abraham. Dirrell’s injury has forced the fight to be rescheduled for Saturday, March 27, to be televised live on SHOWTIME® (10:30 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast).
Article posted on 20.02.2010
“Andre saw a specialist and he is going to be ready to fight on March 27,” said Gary Shaw, Dirrell’s promoter. “I know Andre is deeply disappointed about rescheduling but he IS determined to resume training for the super middleweight division’s most compelling fight..”
Abraham’s promoter Kalle Sauerland said: “The most important thing is that Andre gets healthy. Arthur is ready to get in the ring with him and win the next three points in the tournament – no matter when and where. We look forward to March 27 and the next spectacular victory of King Arthur.”
Abraham, who has been training in the United States since February 8, said, “Of course I was disappointed when I first heard of the postponement, but I am happy to take on Dirrell on March 27. I want him to be in top shape so that he has no excuses once I am done with him. This is the Super Six World Boxing Classic, the best fighting against the best, so I can understand that he does not want to face me when he is not at 100 percent.
“My training has gone very well thus far,” continued Abraham. “I am in great shape and I will defend my tournament lead against him.”
For information on all SHOWTIME Sports telecasts, including exclusive behind-the-scenes video and photo galleries from its events and complete information on the Super Six World Boxing Classic, please visit the website at http://www.sports.sho.com
previous article: Prizefighter Light-Middleweights Draw - Pryce Faces Sinclair
next article: Adamek vs. Arreola press conference quotes