Ted the Bull’s Twelve Predictions: Holyfield-Savarese, Brewster-Klitschko, Sturm-Alcoba, Povetkin-Donald, Darchinyan-Donaire, Hanshaw-Jones, Vargas-Mayorga and More!
28.06.07 - By Ted Sares: I felt robust and cocky after successfully predicting several fights in a row (even calling the round in the Gatti-Baldomir fight and also predicting a draw). But then I was brought back to earth with my ill-advised prediction on the Briggs-Sultan disaster in which “The Cannon” shot blanks. I now undertake an effort at redemption by making twelve “tough” predictions. Call it hubris, chutzpah, audacity or just plain delusional, but this is how I see them playing out.
Article posted on 29.06.2007
* Savarese -Holyfield: Holyfield by TD. The “Dream” continues. Lou is done.
* Sturm - Alcoba: Sturm by stoppage. Sturm is back. Who is Alcoba?
* Povetkin - Donald: Povetkin by decision. Potvetkin on a roll. Donald useful fodder.
* Botha - Mirovic: Mirovic by stoppage. Botha out since 2002; too long, But Mirovic no great shakes.
* Hanshaw-Jones: Jones by decision. Jones well rested and ready to roll.
* Brewster - Klitschko: Wladimir by stoppage. Savage redemption.
* Darchinyan-Donaire: Vic by stoppage. Donaire not bad, but Vic is a monster.
* Simms-Alcine: Simms by decision. Alcine very good; Simms better. A tough one to call.
* Hopkins-Wright: Wright by decision. Jabs and defense too much. A draw is a distinct possibility. If “Winky” wins, he has great shot at the Hall of Fame.
* Baldomir - Forrest: Baldomir by decision. Carlos is no Ike Quartey.
* Diaz - Morales: Diaz by stoppage. Morales could well be done. Diaz a great amateur.
* Vargas - Mayorga: Mayorga by stoppage. Interesting and tough to call. Both might be shot. Vargas has weakened himself by losing weight. A street fight looms.
*And a very tough thirteenth: Williams over Margarito by decision
previous article: Ibragimov And Chagaev To Unify Heavyweight Title Belts This October
next article: Exclusive Interview: Lou Savarese