Statement on Lucas Browne v Solomon
HATTON PROMOTIONS would like to clarify reports that unbeaten heavyweight Lucas “Big Daddy” Browne has pulled out of a proposed fight with former Rugby League star Solomon Haumono.
While negotiations with Haumono’s team have taken place, the fight was never finalised.
Hatton Promotions’ Australian representatives have been informed by Main Event Pay Per View that the bout could be given PPV status in the near future, but a suggested date of April 3 isn’t suitable as the network’s schedule is already fully booked.
As such, we feel that a Browne v Haumono fight should take place at a time which is more financially beneficial to all parties concerned.
However, it must be stressed that Haumono is just one of the options available to Browne at this time.
Following his stunning fifth round stoppage of England’s Richard Towers in November, Lucas is the only boxer guaranteed a shot at the Commonwealth title vacated by David Price.
It is Lucas’ intention to become the first Australian heavyweight to win the Commonwealth belt in almost a century and a number of big name boxers remain on his wish list, including Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora.
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Jose Roman Retains WBC CABOFE Lightweight Title at “Path to Glory”