Eddie Chambers Offers to Step In to Fight Bermane Stiverne
In the wake of Cristobal Arreola’s withdrawal from the March 9th HBO show, Eddie Chambers (36-3, 18 KO’s) has offered to step up to fight Bermane Stiverne (22-1-1, 20 KO’s). Chambers has been in the gym and says he is ready to take Stiverne on.
Eddie Chambers said, “I am always in the gym. I was training anyway. It would be very easy for me to take the March 9th fight against Stiverne. I think this is a great opportunity, just too good to pass up.”
“Eddie is a throwback, old-time fighter. He is always ready to go. As soon as he heard Arreola backed out of the fight Eddie called me to say he wanted to step in to fight Stiverne. We would be happy to make this fight.” said Chambers promoter, Kathy Duva.
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Jose Roman Retains WBC CABOFE Lightweight Title at “Path to Glory”