Billy Joe Saunders v John Ryder – purse offer
The purse offer for the highly anticipated British Middleweight title showdown between champion Billy Joe Saunders and John Ryder was won by Andy Ayling on behalf of Queensberry Promotions at the British Boxing Board of Control’s Cardiff headquarters earlier today.
The fight was put back out to purse bids after a premature announcement by the Board had previously awarded the fight to Promoter Eddie Hearn, until it was discovered that he had failed to fill in a simple form ‘correctly and in the appropriate places’ as per the strict rules of a purse offer.
Ayling has two weeks to submit a date and a venue to the Board for when the two unbeaten fighters will meet for Saunders’ British Championship.
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision
- Jose Roman Retains WBC CABOFE Lightweight Title at “Path to Glory”