Weights: Hoffmann vs. Kretschmann, Teper vs. Oloukun
On Friday (September 14th, live on Eurosport 21.00h / 9pm Central European time) heavyweight contenders Timo Hoffmann, Steffen Kretschmann, Erkan Teper and Gbenga Oloukun will go to work in Halle / Saale. At today’s weigh-in all “four muscleteers“ presented themselves in great shape.
Kretschmann was the lightest of the four, weighing in at 103.4 kg / 228 lbs. while his opponent Hoffmann broght 115.0 kg / 253.5 lbs to the scale. This is Hoffmann’s lightest weight since 2004 when he knocked out Quinne Navarre in two. There’s a lot on the line between Kretschmann and Hoffmann. The winner of this local derby should be able to secure some more big and lucrative fights while the loser might as well call it a day and retire.
In the co-feature unbeaten German prospect Erkan Teper (111.1 kg / 245 lbs.) takes on hard-hitting Nigerian Gbenga Oloukun (107.0 kg / 236 lbs.).
The undercard features fast rising welterweight hope Roman Belaev vs. Semjons Moroseks from Latvia as well as a super middleweight clash between Uensal Arik and Gyorgy Marosi from Hungary.
- The Good, The Bad and the Unfair: A Week in the Life of Boxing
- Cuellar Whips Tamayo To Retain Title On SHOWTIME BOXING
- Mayweather will have an asterisk even if he beats Pacquiao now, says Jones Jr
- Arum: 48 million homes in China watched Pacquiao-Algieri
- Arum: Mayweather is poaching the Mexican holiday