WBO Announces Referee And Judges For Rodriguez Jr. vs Takayama
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO- World Boxing Organization (WBO), by president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, announced today the officials who will work this Saturday, August 9, in the world defense of the mini-flyweight champion Francisco Rodriguez Jr. against also world champion Katsunari Takayama, to be held at the Arena Monterrey in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, in a Promociones Zanfer presentation.
For this fight, where the Mexican Rodriguez Jr. (14-2, 10 KOs) is going to make his first defense of the WBO 105 pounds belt facing the IBF 105 pounds champion Takayama (27-6, 10 KOs), from Japan, in an unification bout, the referee will be Samuel Viruet, from United States.
While, the judges for the Rodriguez Jr.-Takayama fight are Waleska Roldan, from New York, John Madfis, from Massachusetts and Glen Trowbridge, from Nevada.
The WBO supervisor for this fight will be Rolando Marcos Hermoso.
Rodriguez Jr. won the WBO title on March 22, 2014, after a 10 round TKO victory over then champion Merlito Sabillo.
Remember the WBO 27th Annual Convention to take place at the Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada, from October 27 to October 31, 2014. More information at www.wboboxing.com.
- Boxer Briefs: Catching Up with Boxing’s Heavy Hitters & Rising Stars—Bryant “By-By” Jennings
- Gennady Golovkin mows down Rubio in two
- Nicholas Walters stops Donaire in six
- GGG puts Rubio down for the count; Donaire flashes briefly then flickers out at hands of Walters
- GGG vs. Rubio: G-Force Floors Rubio for the Count