WBO Announces Officials For Estrada vs Segura
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO- World Boxing Organization (WBO), by president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, announced today the referee and judges who will work this Saturday, September 6, in the third title defense of the flyweight champion, Mexican Juan Francisco “El Gallo” Estrada, against his countryman Giovani “El Guerrero Azteca” Segura, that will take place at the Arena Ciudad de Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico, in a Promociones Zanfer presentation.
For this fight, when Estrada (26-2, 19 KOs) will defend his WBO and WBA flyweight belts versus the former WBO junior flyweight champion Segura (32-3-1, 28 KOs), the referee will be Raul Caiz Jr., from United States.
While, the judges for this Mexican war between Estrada and Segura will be Alejandro Lopez Cid, from Mexico, Levi Martinez, from United States, and Rafael Carabaño, from Venezuela.
The WBO supervisor for this fight will be Rafael Lopez Santos.
Both fighters have fought once in 2014. Estrada made his second title defense on April 26 when he knocked out Richie Mepranum in the 10th round. Segura beat Felipe Salguero on April 5 with a 10th round TKO.
Remember the WBO 27th Annual Convention to take place at the Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada, from October 27 to October 31, 2014. More information at www.wboboxing.com.
- Fury-Chisora, Saunders-Eubank Jr Weigh-In Videos
- Sky Sports to broadcast Khan vs Alexander
- ESPN3 to Present Exclusive Live U.S. Coverage of Fury vs. Chisora
- Crawford vs Beltran, Gradovich vs Velez, Pac-Algieri Replay – HBO Boxing After Dark Thanksgiving Weekend special
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag – Pacquiao, Mayweather, Khan, Thurman, & More!