WBC News – Feb. 14, 2014
R.I.P. WBC President Dr. José Sulaimán — 1931-2014
February 14, 2014
From WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman:
Thank You, My Beloved Old Man
Destiny brought me the opportunity to be the closest son to my dad regarding boxing. Since I was a kid, he used to take me to the “Arena Coliseo,” to the bullring arenas, press conferences, and all types of events having to do with boxing.
My father was and will always be my hero, my inspiration, my guiding light, and to be “the son of Jose Sulaiman” always opened all doors in life, filled me with opportunities, and now has definitively placed me as President of his beloved World Boxing Council. To be his son is the greatest pride I can carry throughout my lifetime.
My father dedicated his life to serve, to break paradigms, nothing was impossible. He lent his hand to whoever was in need, regardless of the magnitude of the problem or need.
He had a great woman by his side, my mother, “Doña Martha,” who was the lifelong support which allowed him to go out as “Quijote de la Mancha” and conquer the world, and I can only pray to God that my wife, Christiane, will be there to support me in this new venture.
I will work day after day to honor the memory of my father, based on his principles and example, with honesty, honor, and humility.
- Khan wants Mayweather and Pacquiao in 2015
- Gary Russell Jr. To Face Christopher Martin In New Co-Feature This Saturday, Dec. 20, On Showtime Boxing
- Fury back in action in February
- Kellerman: Mayweather needs Pacquiao to keep from getting bumped by Cotto-Canelo on Cinco de Mayo
- Mayweather rules out Khan fight, wants Pacquiao instead