Vitali Klitschko: We chose a tough opponent in Charr
By BoxingBet.pl: World Boxing Council (WBC) heavyweight world champion Vitali Klitschko (44-2, 40 KO) and Manuel Charr (21-0, 11 KO) participated today in a press conference which took place in Moscow, Russia. Both fighters talked about their upcoming fight which is scheduled for next Saturday. The 41-years old Ukrainian doesn’t undermine his opponent and expects a real battle.
– We chose one of the most toughest opponents. Charr is young, aggressive and strong. I’m sure our fight will be very interesting. I’m going to prove that I deserve to hold the most prestigious title. I’m concerned before the fight, because I don’t want to disappoint my team, my fans and my family.
However, I’m not afraid of my opponent. I could see in Charr’s eyes that he came here to fight and get my title. I studied all his fights. Nobody is perfect, so I’ll try to take advantage of his weaknesses – Klitschko said.
- Boxer Briefs: Catching Up with Boxing’s Heavy Hitters & Rising Stars—Bryant “By-By” Jennings
- Gennady Golovkin mows down Rubio in two
- Nicholas Walters stops Donaire in six
- GGG puts Rubio down for the count; Donaire flashes briefly then flickers out at hands of Walters
- GGG vs. Rubio: G-Force Floors Rubio for the Count