Vacant IBF Intercontinental Middleweight Championship – Eamonn O’Kane vs. Kerry Hope
10 October 2013, Cyclone Promotions today announce that next weekend’s much anticipated clash between Dungiven middleweight Eamonn O’Kane and Welshman Kerry Hope will now be contested for the vacant IBF Intercontinental Middleweight Title. The fight will take place on the undercard of the huge Frampton Comes Alive bill promoted by Cyclone Promotions at the Odyssey Arena on October 19th.
Boxing legend, Barry McGuigan said:
“I am thrilled that the IBF have recognised this fantastic match up as a worthy decider for their well respected Intercontinental belt. Cyclone Promotions have a very good working relationship with the International Boxing Federation and long may this continue. In what we all expect to be a fantastic scrap next Saturday, Eamonn faces a former European Champion who will now have additional motivation to win this fight. However, O’Kane is always in shape and he will be ready.”
O’Kane vs Hope had originally been scheduled for the vacant BBBofC Celtic Title but the International Boxing Federation have recently agreed to sanction the bout for their prestigious Intercontinental strap. A win for either boxer will now be of great significance.
- ESPN3 to Present Exclusive Live U.S. Coverage of Fury vs. Chisora
- Crawford vs Beltran, Gradovich vs Velez, Pac-Algieri Replay – HBO Boxing After Dark Thanksgiving Weekend special
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag – Pacquiao, Mayweather, Khan, Thurman, & More!
- What Did We Learn in Macau This Weekend?
- Manny Pacquiao: The Final Chapter