“The General” Aji Sharif Signs With Goodwin
“The General” Aji Sharif is the latest boxer in he heavier weight categories to sign with the Goodwin’s.
Cruiserweight Sharif’s only loss in a boxing ring came to Anthony Joshua in the ABA’s and has now decided to turn professional and will make his debut on the “Smokin Joe and the Heavyweights” card at York Hall on November 16th.
Sharif said “I had discussed all options with my trainer Andy Edge and after meeting Steve Goodwin felt that he was the man to take my career to where it needs to go competing for major titles. There were several offers on the table but the Goodwins have proven they deliver.” He continued “I believe in 18 months I will be competing for the British title”.
Sharif based in Reading has a large support base who will be out in force at the home of boxing. This promises to be an exciting ride.
- Fury back in action in February
- Kellerman: Mayweather needs Pacquiao to keep from getting bumped by Cotto-Canelo on Cinco de Mayo
- Mayweather rules out Khan fight, wants Pacquiao instead
- Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao on May 2: Bob Arum says that’s Canelo’s date
- Andy Lee produces the “feel good” moment during an action packed night of boxing