Team Sauerland win purse bid for Skoglund-Mock
Team Sauerland today won the purse bids to stage the EBU EU Light Heavyweight title showdown between Erik Skoglund (17-0, 9 KOs) and Lolenga Mock (31-13-1, 12 KOs).
Tabling a bid of €53,305, Team Sauerland saw off competition from veteran promoter Morgens Palle, who bid €45,000. The date is yet to be confirmed but the fight will take place on one of Team Sauerland’s Nordic Fight Night shows.
”It will be great fight,” said Skoglund. ”Mock is a tough opponent. He has been in the game a long time. Physically he is very strong and is hard to stop so I will be preparing for 12 rounds of action. However I know I can out-box him so as long as I am in good shape I don’t think I will have any problems.”
Promoter Nisse Sauerland said: ”This will be a good test for Erik. Mock is no pushover but Erik is ready for this fight. His development over the last couple of years has been incredible and he is now a force to be reckoned with in the Light Heavyweight division. This fight will be another opportunity for Erik to show exactly what he is capable of.”
- Courtney Richards and Chris Adaway record hometown victories
- Fight Report: Marston Reigns Victorious, Ozgul and Counihan Impress at York Hall
- Marston Dominates Gulyas To Secure MBC International Title
- Point of No Return – Ringside Review – Coyle destroys Katsidis!
- Murray marches on as Budler, Caballero and Alvarez notch up vital wins